Marissa Bailey is the weekend anchor of the CBS 2 Chicago morning newscasts and a general assignment reporter for the station.
Marissa joined the station in March 2012 as a reporter and was promoted to anchor the station’s Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts which began in September 2012.
Marissa comes to CBS 2 Chicago from WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, N.Y., where she had been the solo anchor for the 10 p.m. myTV network broadcasts and a general assignment reporter for the 11 p.m. newscasts since 2006.
Marissa, who was nominated for a New York State Regional Emmy in 2011, is also credited with launching the station’s first Sunday newscast – Daybreak Sunday – in January 2008 where she was the single anchor of a 6:30 a.m.-8 a.m. weekend broadcast which featured hard news, live interviews and extended special coverage of weekend news
Marissa earned a MS in Broadcast Journalism from Syracuse University in 2006 and a BA in Communications from Niagara University in 2003. She earned her first on-air job while in graduate school when she served as the Washington D.C. correspondent for KOLR 10 News based in Springfield, Mo., in 2006.
Marissa lives in downtown Chicago.
But the prime Lincoln Park real estate where the hospital once stood still sits vacant, with redevelopment plans far from complete. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
Dominic Syzmanski amazingly lost only a foot and a few toes on the other foot when he was hit by a train two months ago. Tuesday, he surprised his entire school during an afternoon assembly.
A new survey out this week found that the biggest distraction at work is noisy coworkers. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey has more on what noises people find most distracting and why noise — actually helps one local company.
Workers at a recycling plant in southwest suburban Chicago Ridge found a dead newborn boy inside a cooler on a conveyor belt early Wednesday morning.
The cooler spring so far means mosquito season has been delayed, but with the recent floods and warming temperatures, your back yard could soon be a haven for the buzzing, bloodsucking pests.
Liese Ricketts was debuting a Peruvian artwork collection in Arequipa, Peru back in March when she hailed a cab with a friend and was attacked by 4 masked men.
If you walked outside, you wouldn’t believe today is the first day of spring. But there it is, right on the calendar, March 20. Spring has sprung.
19-year-old Amanda Bach was shot and killed two years ago. Now a jury convicted her ex-boyfriend Dustin McCowan of murder.
Do consumers have the right to know whether the salmon they’re buying at the supermarket has been genetically engineered? CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
During the course of questioning, Rita Crundwell told investigators she took $10 million, a court filing says. But in her plea deal she admitted to stealing more than $53 million over a 22-year period.
CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey talks with the husband and sister of Jennifer Bishop, one of five women fatally shot at a clothing store in Tinley Park on Feb. 2, 2008.
The brazen robber has struck 11 in exactly one month, getting a few hundred dollars each time. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
The suspects and victims appear to be friends, and hung out frequently.
Police in Northwest Indiana are questioning a man suspected of beating his estranged wife to death, then holding police at bay outside the home.
CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey explains how some area residents are observing a new movement to “pay it forward” following the Newtown, Conn. shooting.
A teenager who was shot three times saving his friend’s life has been named one of the city’s “Chicagoans of the Year” by Chicago magazine.
Three pieces of property owned by former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell have gone up for sale, as federal authorities continue auctioning off her possessions to pay back some of the $53 million she embezzled from the town.
Former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $53 million from the city since 1990, and using the money to fund a lavish lifestyle, including a world champion horse breeding business.
CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey talked with Damita Nicholson’s family. They’re grieving for a young mom taken too soon, CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
Former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell pleaded not guilty in Lee County Court to 60 counts of theft on Wednesday.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.193
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!