I am living out a dream that I have had since I was ten years old growing up in Itasca. Our backyard was a whiffle ball field and I liked pretending to be the announcer as much as playing the game.
I became a full time member of the Score staff in August 2010 when I was named the morning anchor for the Mully and Hanley show and co-host of the Rosenbloom and Grote show on Saturday mornings from 8AM to noon.
My professional radio career began in Peoria, while still attending Illinois State University. In Peoria, I was the overnight board operator and the high school sports pre-game host.
My next stop was in Lincoln, Illinois. I was the morning show host, play- by- play guy, and sales associate for a radio station that was literally located in the middle of a cornfield.
Then I moved on to Springfield at about the same time someone named Barack Obama was cutting his teeth in the State Senate. I spent two years as a news reporter and talk show host.
In 2002, I began a great eight year journey working for WBBM Radio. I worked every locker room in town and delivered sports reports across the board. I am glad those great people are just a floor down from where I now work at the Score.
Career highlights include covering every inch of the White Sox World Series run, following the Fighting Illini to its title match against North Carolina in 2005, and being scolded by Barry Bonds in the Wrigley Field clubhouse.
I still love to attend sporting events on my days off and if you ask me what my favorite food is, I will say a really good, medium rare burger. Pepperoni Combos are trouble for me. My favorite question? Asking people what their favorite food is.
My favorite movie is the first hour of Jurassic Park with honorable mentions to Fargo, and Seems Like Old Times. I still like Pearl Jam as much now as everybody else did in the 90′s, and I appreciate a lot of the impromptu street acts that you see in Chicago. Only costs a dollar!
That’s me. Talk to you soon.
Ted Phillips is all about his grass. In an exclusive one on one with the Chicago Tribune’s Dan Pompei (a regular guest on The Mully And Hanley Show on WSCR), Bears President Ted Phillips had a lot to say about a wide range of topics.
Mark Buehrle has been the opening day starter for the Chicago White Sox for eight of the last nine seasons, but if you ask him, this year should be the first that John Danks gets that honor.
Every Bears loss has felt devastating this season. Jay Cutler was nearly sacked to death in New York. You don’t lose to Seattle at home. You don’t lose to the Redskins at home.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!