Oh, poor Tom Ricketts. All he wants to do his fix his broken toy and the big bad politicians of Chicago won’t let him.
For my entire adult life, I believed God was too busy to be concerned with sports.
I absolutely hate Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame voting.
Penn State officials have the opportunity to speak for the victims of the Jerry Sandusky child-sex scandal. PSU must make the changes.
I am giving you permission to “take a break” from your team. How long? You should walk away for as long as you need.
When Aramis Ramirez came back to Chicago for the first time since leaving for the Milwaukee Brewers and a 3-year, $36 million contract, I expected him to receive a warm welcome from Cubs fans.
The topic of Carlos Zambrano came up during Mike Quade’s pre-game gab fest with the media.
Mike Quade sat in the home dugout at Wrigley and met with the media for the last time in 2011 and maybe for the last time as the Cubs’ manager.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (WSCR) – Aramis Ramirez left Tuesday night’s game in the sixth inning with a mile right quad strain. The Cubs’ third baseman hit a grounder to shortstop, Yuniesky Betancourt, and was [...]
With the end of a 4th place season (thanks Pittsburgh) just around the corner, why is there a party going on at Wrigley?
The Cubs have six home games remaining in the 2011 season. If you plan on coming out to a game, don’t expect to see anything different from their first 75 contests at Wrigley Field – bad baseball, cold beer, and an overly optimistic manager who is still trying to win something this year.
Mike Quade has a tough road ahead in trying to find the proper balance of winning and developing unproven talent that may affect the organization’s future.
The Cubs are 14-8 in August having won five of the six series that they have played. Today they go for the split against a 78-53 team, Atlanta.
Aramis Ramirez is the hottest hitter in baseball over the last 12 games – batting .563 with 14 RBI.
It was one year ago when Mike Quade took control of the Cubs as they beat the Washington Nationals en route to a 24-13 record to finish the 2010 season.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (WSCR) – Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade gave his star shortstop a ‘mental day’ off and kept him out of the lineup against the Atlanta Braves Monday. Despite Castro’s All-Star season and [...]
Tom Ricketts confuses me. I want to believe that he is a smart business man and will grow into a great owner in baseball, but sometimes he makes decisions that raise more questions than provide answers.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (CBS) Lately, the Cubs have looked like the team that Tom Ricketts, Jim Hendry, and Mike Quade envisioned when they began the 2011 season. They hit ten home runs in the final three [...]
The Cubs needed some help to win at home against Houston and thankfully, the Astros were happy to provide it. Zambrano earned his 7th win on the season as the Cubs defeated Houston 4-2.
Randy Wells needs a strong outing when he takes the mound on Saturday against the Houston Astros.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!