Cubs lose 4-2 despite another quality start from Matt Garza who went 7+ allowing only 1 ER on 4 hits.
Cubs’ GM, Jim Hendry, spoke to reporters before game one of the Crosstown Classic at Wrigley Field. “We’re going to put Z on the DL,” Hendry said.
Carlos Zambrano left Thursday’s game in the second inning with lower back soreness.
“I believe it’s important to make a difference in a child’s life.” – Kerry Wood
“The bantering that goes on about how many people will be out of here is foolish.” – Jim Hendry
There are many reasons to explain the Cubs’ 32-47 record. The main reason in this lost season is the Cubs’ starting pitching.
Despite losing the series to the White Sox, the Cubs are playing much better baseball as a team.
The Cubs sat through a one hour and 54 minute rain delay before losing game two of the Crosstown Classic 3-2.
The story before the game was how would Carlos Zambrano react to his welcome at U.S. Cellular Field. Turns out, it wasn’t a problem at all.
The Cubs hadn’t won a series since the end of May when the Mets were at Wrigley. The pitching duel turned out to be a slugfest as the Cubs took three of four from Milwaukee.
With Carlos Zambrano on the mound, the Cubs fail once again to win three games in a row as they fall to Milwaukee 9-5.
On a wet and gloomy Wednesday afternoon, Tom Ricketts, the Chairman of the Chicago Cubs, met with the media.
“We won today. If we win tomorrow, that’s two in a row. If we win the next day, that’s called a winning streak. It has happened before.” – Lou Brown, ‘Major League’
The Cubs lose 3-1 to Houston and leave Wrigley after their 3-6 homestand.
Carlos Marmol gave up six runs in the ninth inning as the Cubs lost their second consecutive game to last-place Houston.
Adam Dunn’s struggles at the beginning of the season were chalked up the slugger being unfamiliar with American League pitching and the adjustment to being a full-time designed hitter.
Cubs lose opener 4-2 as Soriano goes deep late, but offense falls short.
Cubs win 9-3 and take the series from the Mets behind Z’s pitching and bat.
Cubs lose in a rain shortened game 7-4. After a 41 minute rain delay, the game was called in the top of the 7th.
Cubs win 11-1 to open homestand against the New York Mets.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!