Megan Glaros is the meteorologist for the CBS 2 Chicago Morning News at 4:30, 5, and 6AM.
She returns home to the midwest from WCBS-TV New York, where she had been the weekend morning meteorologist and entertainment reporter since 2008.
Megan, a member of the National Weather Association, received her American Meteorological Society accreditation and its Seal of Approval in 2006.
From 2004-08, she worked as the morning and noon meteorologist at WPLG-TV in Miami, Florida. From there, she forecasted for some of the most active hurricane seasons on record, including Katrina, Rita and Wilma.
In addition to reporting on weather at WPLG-TV, Megan hosted a weekly feature segment, Megan On The Move – where she showcased South Beach culture and entertainment. She also hosted a live, one-hour Monday Night Football countdown show from different locations in South Florida and has filled-in on the network show, Good Morning America.
Megan began her career at WTAP-TV in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
From there she moved to the Sinclair Broadcast Group in Baltimore, where she provided forecasts for up to five different cities a night.
Megan grew up in Dyer, Ind., where she lives with her husband and young daughter. She graduated with a double major in journalism and atmospheric sciences from Indiana University
Don’t get used to the sunny skies and pleasant temperatures that were dominating the Chicago area in the midday hours.
Expect cooler temperatures today with a high of 70 degrees and a low of 50.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The clouds that dominated the skies of Chicago Wednesday morning will give way to sunshine as the day goes on, as temperatures remain seasonal and comfortable. CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says [...]
The clouds that dominated the area Tuesday morning will break in the afternoon, while highs reach a comfortable 76 degrees.
Rain will fall intermittently throughout this chilly, dreary day.
The sun is shining brightly and temperatures will be comfortable Thursday afternoon, but you can be sure that the sweltering summer is a memory now.
You might have found yourself shivering if you didn’t put on a jacket this morning, and if you brought the wrong kind of hat, the wind might have sent it flying off your head.
The gloomy skies and bone-chilling rain have moved on their way, and a beautiful Friday is set to give way to a beautiful weekend.
The week has been sunny, clear and temperate so far, but all good things must come to an end.
CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says we can expect “nearly perfect sunshine” Wednesday afternoon, as the highs climb into the upper 80s.
It may seem like summer is behind us now, but it certainly won’t feel like it Tuesday afternoon.
The showers that made this Friday morning gloomy have largely moved on their way, but look for a major drop in the temperature accompanying the sunny skies when the weekend begins.
A round of storms overnight ripped down some trees in the Chicago area, and more storms hit the area just in time for the morning rush.
If you’re an early-shifter, you might have gotten drenched by pouring rain on the way to work Tuesday. You won’t have that problem again for the rest of the day. But you’d be well advised to bring your umbrella with you on Wednesday.
The worst of the severe weather is over now, but a chance of rain and even severe weather persists, and the temperate 80s are gone for the foreseeable future.
Bermuda shorts have been the perfect attire so far for Thursday, but severe thunderstorms could be breezing in later in the afternoon.
Chicago’s weather will seem like a cross between Seattle and Miami Wednesday, as the temperatures climb to highs that palm trees would like, but the threat of off-and-on rain persists.
Storms may be coming to some parts of the Chicago area Tuesday afternoon, but it will all be worth it when the temperature jumps to 85 degrees on Wednesday.
The skies are dreary as rain falls off and on this Monday, but a little patience will pay off, because it will feel like summer again later in the week.
Cloud cover will supplant the largely sunny skies in the Chicago area later Friday, and on Saturday, you’d be best advised to close all the windows and drape yourself in a blanket for the day.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.328
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.526
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!