Megan Mawicke, a Chicago area native, serves as weekend sports anchor for CBS 2 Chicago. She is a sports reporter for the station during the week.
Mawicke joined CBS 2 Chicago in 2004 from WMAQ-TV where she had served as a freelance sports anchor and reporter since 2002. Before that Mawicke worked at Fox Sports Net (2000-2002), serving three regions: Chicago, Bay Area and Ohio. In that position she anchored several 30-minute shows per day. Mawicke also hosted the pre and post game shows for the Cubs, White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks and served as a correspondent for the Bears.
Previously, Mawicke worked as a sports anchor and reporter at WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisc. (1998-2000). She also served as co-host for a one-hour live Green Bay Packer Monday Night kick-off show. Before that she served as a production assistant at WMAQ-TV (1998).
Mawicke began her television career with ABC News as a freelance producer during the Democratic National Convention and Presidential Inauguration (1996-1997). She later worked for Medill News Service in Washington, D.C., as a reporter for WKYT-TV in Lexington, Ky., WIFR-TV in Rockford, Ill., and WHO-AM in Des Moines, Iowa.
Mawicke is a four-time Big Ten Women’s Tennis Team champion and a two-time Illinois State Tennis champion. She competed on the WTA professional tour and in four NCAA tournaments. She received her B.A. in Journalism from Indiana University in 1995 and her M.S. in Broadcast Journalism from Northwestern University in 1997.
In 2007 Mawicke won a Peter Lisagor Award for her story on the Bear’s long snapper. She has won three local Emmy Awards for her work on CBS 2 Chicago′s broadcasts of the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon (2004, 2005, 2006).
Mawicke is a marathon runner and is involved with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith was back in Chicago Tuesday for the birth of his first son, but is expected to make it back to Minnesota in time for tonight’s Game 4 against the Wild.
While many colleges are cutting back on sports, tiny Roosevelt University in the Loop is building an athletic program from the ground up in a big way.
After starting for the San Francisco 49ers for three years, offensive lineman Chilo Rachal was benched last season, but not much rattles this new Bear.
There are some interesting family ties at the Blackhawks prospect camp going on this week. The name Chris Calnan might not right a bell, but the Hawks’ third round draft pick is former Hawks’ star Jeremy Roenick’s nephew. And Jake Chelios’ familiar last name makes his bloodlines undeniable.
Michael Reinsdorf knows he got the job because of his last name, but a year and a half later after becoming the Bulls President and Chief Operator Officer, he is set on making a name for himself.
Chicago’s Anthony Davis is a freshman phenom at Kentucky. He’ll be on college basketball’s biggest stage at this weekend’s Final Four, and it’s an incredible story for a South Side kid who was unknown from an unheard of school before an unbelievable growth spurt.
To some, boxing is a brutal sport. To pugilistic purists, it’s the “sweet science.” For one local aspiring fighter, the ring offers a refuge from a devastating disorder that he deals with on a daily basis.
Against all odds, The Ida Crown wrestling team persevered. They beat out some top flight teams to become the first Jewish high school wrestling team to win a regional championship in the state of Illinois.
On Sunday, 45,000 runners will pound the pavement in the Chicago Marathon. Crossing the finish line after 26.2 grueling miles will a be life changing moment, but even more so for two men who hope it’s the start of a successful run towards turning their lives around.
For the first time, five-time champ Tiger Woods won’t be in the field of the BMW Championship. And, as CBS 2’s Megan Mawicke reports, that isn’t good news for a tournament that might be making its final appearance at Cog Hill.
While most of the Northwestern Wildcats weren’t even teenagers when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened, they got a true object history lesson on Tuesday at practice.
An ambidextrous batter isn’t a rare creature in baseball, but an ambidextrous pitcher is. As CBS 2’s Megan Mawicke reports, two hands are better than one for a local high school hurler.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago