Michele Fiore is happy and proud to be working in the city she loves — in the place where she grew up.
Fiore landed her first job at a country radio station in Decatur, Illinois, just two months after receiving a bachelor of arts degree in broadcast journalism. I worked the night shift attending city council, school board and county board meetings…as well as delivering quick news updates for WDZQ and its sister station, WDZ.
“Country music really grew on me and I continue to be a fan of some of the stars I got to meet backstage like Pam Tillis, the Oak Ridge Boys and yes, ‘Achy Breaky Heart’ man-Billy Ray Cyrus.”
“I left Decatur about a year later and have since done news for both radio and television including a stint as political reporter for WAND-TV where I ran the Springfield bureau at the state capitol. I also reported and covered the assignment desks for CBS-58 and WISN-TV in Milwaukee, and worked as a free lance reporter for more than three years at Chicagoland Television News.”
“I started at WBBM Newsradio 780s a writer while I was still at CLTV, then progressed rather quickly to anchor and field reporter. Mostly, what I love about my job are the people that I’ve come to know at the station and the ones I meet for the first time every day while reporting.”
“I find myself searching for different ways to tell their stories, .for that one interesting fact that may not jump out at you right away, but when developed appropriately, it’s the coolest thing. Thanks for listening.”
As if they’re not already glowing, about a dozen women – some very close to their delivery date – walked toward the front of Holy Name Cathedral at the invitation of Cardinal George. Among them was Patty Stevens.
An 85-year-old Elmhurst woman died and another man was injured when a vehicle hit them Saturday in the western suburb.
Firefighters from several fire departments are battling the extra-alarm fire in a large home in a sub-division at Wadsworth Road and Oak Crest Lane.
There’s a new deal today that Chicago city officials hope will help flooded home owners on the Northside.
A body pulled from a lagoon on the southwest side has been identified as that of a missing teenager, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore. Tonight, a tearful interview with the boy’s mother.
Governor Quinn is making a pitch to last-minute filers to give a little back, and support military families, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
An amber alert out of Texas that had a connection to Chicago has been cancelled, after a girl and her non-custodial mother were found, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The end to the story of a pregnant pit bull, discovered in Park Forest Palm Sunday, with burns to 25 percent of her body, is a tear-jerker, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore. Nearly [...]
A Fenwick High School graduate was among the six Americans killed in an explosion in Afghanistan Saturday.
Weapons come in all sizes. A 20-year-old Bridgeview man’s on his way to bond court for allegedly using his vehicle in a lover’s quarrel, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
Parishioners at a Bronzeville church slated for demolition hope a media-savy pope will answer their prayers to save it, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
Volunteers spread out across the city this Easter Sunday looking to provide a little holiday cheer to lonely seniors, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
In an unexpected consequence of delaying marriage more single women are getting pregnant in their 20s.
Neighbors are mourning the loss of a woman, they describe, as a family caregiver, whose life was taken by a hit and run driver Thursday reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
One man is hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the head after an apparent case of road rage just before 4 a.m., reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
About two dozen lively protesters stood outside the Pakistan consulate of Chicago Sunday afternoon, trying to draw attention to the injustices of their brothers and sisters overseas.
Fire engines, trucks and ambulances jammed the blocks surrounding a burning apartment building in the Avondale neighborhood today.
The conductor of a Norfolk Southern freight train that collided with a car in Chicago’s south side Hegewisch neighborhood today saw the driver go around the tracks, but the train couldn’t stop in time.
24-year-old clerk at a northwest suburban gas station was stabbed to death early Saturday.
CHICAGO (CBS) – A breakfast sandwich maker is among the hot items on-display at the 2013 International Home and Housewares Show at McCormick Place this weekend. Mary Beth Brault details a new product from Hamilton [...]
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!