Mike Krauser has been a reporter, anchor, producer, writer, managing editor and news director during a career that started in Chicago in the late 1980′s.
His first love is reporting, “Telling stories on the radio,” he says, “doesn’t feel like work at all. It’s pure fun.” Mike got his start in radio in 1988 at the upstart all-news station WMAQ (670-AM).
He went on to anchor the afternoon news on “Chicago’s Finest Rock, WXRT (93.1 FM), and can still be heard there from time to time. He spent about ten years in management before returning to reporting.
His reports on WBBM Newsradio 780 can be heard throughout the day. He also works for CBS 2 TV in Chicago as a field producer, writer and assignment editor.
The former President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP has filed three lawsuits recently alleging racial discrimination and promises more as the leader of an locally-based organization fighting for equality, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
It’s all about Jackie Robinson today at the Chatham 14 Theaters on Chicago’s South Side where the Cubs provided hundreds of kids with passes to the new film “42″ about Robinson’s life, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Chicago Police say an officer shot a man on the south side last night after he raised a gun at the officer and his partner, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
State officials said Friday the television and film industry spent a record amount of money in Illinois last year, creating more than 2,200 jobs.
A South Bend man is getting the new kidney he needs, thanks an unusual idea from his family, and the generosity of a stranger.
Anti-war activists targeted Boeing’s Chicago headquarters today protesting the company’s role in drone warfare, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Activists fighting the mayor’s plan to close more than fifty schools, mostly in black neighborhoods, are urging people to boycott the public meetings being held for the individual schools, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
The 1963 Loyola University Chicago men’s basketball team will be the first team ever inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame on November 24 in Kansas City, Missouri.
A Pastor from DeKalb says he saw something on Thursday night that he won’t ever forget, an event that he says put a smile on the face of a man who needed to smile.
The American Red Cross is making home visits in the Roseland neighborhood Friday and Saturday, talking to homeowners about fire prevention and providing them with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers.
The family of a suburban man shot in the back and killed by Chicago Police officers has filed a lawsuit against the police and is looking for answers.
The kids in the Merit School of Music Suzuki-Alegre Strings program gave their parents a concert before heading off to Japan.
Activists staged a protest Thursday over Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s decision to wait until the legislature follows a court order and passes a new concealed carry law, rather than appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Chicago River is a glowing green as the city celebrates St. Patrick’s Day. WBBM’s Mike Krauser spent some time with the crews behind the tradition.
A man was shot and killed by police in the Northwest Side Albany Park neighborhood early Saturday.
James Roberts sat in his wheelchair on a sidewalk at Broadway and Ardmore Avenue. He was freezing, but was refusing to leave behind the belongings stacked around him.
A state lawmaker from Chicago wants Illinois to be the first state to ban the sale of lion meat, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Illinois Republican Party leaders cancelled a meeting scheduled for today to discuss the future of the party chairman, Pat Brady, who defied the party by supporting same-sex marriage, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Funeral services were held today on the West Side for an 18-year-old Chicago High School student shot in the back, allegedly by a gang member aiming for someone else, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is reporting the first success in an effort to identify 20 bodies at the morgue.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.286
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.5741
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!