Mike Parker has been a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago since 1986.
Parker had been a weekend anchor and weekday general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago from 1980 to 1985. He resumed work at the station after working as a general assignment correspondent at WABC-TV in New York, NY (1985-86).
Prior to his first years at CBS 2 Chicago, Parker served as an anchor, investigative reporter and general assignment reporter at KNXT-TV (now KCBS-TV) in Los Angeles (1977-80). Before that, he worked as the news director and as a reporter for KFI Radio in Los Angeles (1969-72).
While at CBS 2 Chicago, Parker has received several local Emmys and the Illinois UPI Award for best television feature story of the year (1985). His breaking news reports about the CTA Blue Line derailment in the summer of 2006 helped CBS 2 Chicago win a national Emmy Award for spot news.
Parker is a native of Rock Island, Illinois. He graduated from Los Angeles City College.
Where’s St. Patrick when you need him? The South Side neighborhood of Bridgeport is seeing an influx in harmless, but slithery, garter snakes. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Residents of one of Chicago’s Northwest side neighborhood are demanding that the kids who use a park play lot be protected from possible drowning. They voiced their concerns to CBS 2’s Mike Parker who has this Original Report.
The Meacham Grove Forest Preserve is 252 magnificent acres of prairies, fishing spots, jogging and bike trails and thick woodlands. In those woods, something lurks. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
First Class Petty Officer Aaron Haines waited anxiously Friday night at the Louis Joliet Mall. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
At one of the schools ordered closed by CPS – there was quiet opposition from some parents today…and some seemed resigned to what is about to happen. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
Opponents of the Chicago public schools closing plan are taking the gloves off…in the streets and in the courts. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
A little-discussed, under-the-radar lawsuit is making its way through the courts and could, if successful, declare the Chicago parking meter deal to be illegal. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Chicago’s running community is showing its support for Boston and the victims of Monday’s tragic bomb attack. As CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports, it happened Tuesday night.
Some Chicago area Korean-Americans are reacting with a little more fear and trepidation about North Korean threats, than South Koreans seem to be.
Black Oak has been decaying for decades, and nobody’s done a thing about it, CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
Ebert, who had battled cancer the past decade, was laid to rest Monday after a funeral at Holy Name Cathedral.
An “intimidating package” containing a goat’s head was dropped off at Wrigley Field Wednesday afternoon for Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts
Chicago police officers were out in force Friday night, nearly a week after youths caused disturbances near and along the Magnificent Mile.
Ald. Brenan Reilly promised people would be “tripping over” police at Chicago’s premier retail district. And sure enough, the area was flooded by officers Friday night.
Police in one southwest suburb plan to stick a lot of paper on the windshields of cars this Spring. They’re not tickets however. As CBS2’s Mike Parker reports they are messages intended to fight crime.
For three days, William Tapes was an FBI fugitive, walking the streets and sleeping on CTA trains and buses. CBS 2′s Mike Parker was there when he surrendered to authorities.
There may be a break soon in the case of that wild FBI shooting incident in the Near West Side medical district Monday. CBS2 was contacted by a woman who says she was in the car targeted by a federal agent. Our camera was there when she went to FBI headquarters to discuss it. Mike Parker has this Original Report.
The season hasn’t even started yet, but in Wrigleyville tonight, they are talking baseball and what, if any changes, will really happen at the friendly confines.
They tell CBS 2’s Mike Parker they want action to stop the crooks.
An Evanston nightclub has announced it’s canceling an upcoming concert because of an anti-gay rant on stage by the performer.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!