Mike Puccinelli serves as a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago.
Puccinelli joined CBS 2 Chicago in December 2004. Previously, Puccinelli served as anchor/reporter for WMC-TV in Memphis, Tenn. (1999-2004). Prior to that, he worked for WEVV-TV in Evansville, Ind. as a weekend anchor (1997-1999) and at KFXB-TV in Dubuque, Iowa as an anchor (1995-1996).
Earlier in his career, he worked at CNN Business News in New York as a freelance production assistant and later as an associate producer (1992-1994). He began his broadcasting career at CNN in Chicago as an intern.
He also interned for the MacNeil/ Lehrer NewsHour. Before pursuing a career in broadcasting, he worked as a high school teacher and swimming coach in Cicero, Ill. In 2008, Puccinelli was part of the reporting team that won a local Emmy for Outstanding Achievement in Spot News for coverage of the NIU shootings in DeKalb, IL.
Puccinelli graduated from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wis. with a B.S. in Political Science. He also attended Columbia College in Chicago. He grew up in Oak Park and attended Oak Park River Forest High School. He now lives in the western suburbs with his daughter Ophelia.
Over the past six years, investigators believe the gunman has hit stores in Chicago, Calumet City, Evergreen Park, Oakbrook Terrace, North Riverside, Berwyn and Munster, Ind. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
A new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
That marks the fourth time in as many months that a sworn officer in the village has run afoul of the law. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
John Wayne Gacy was known to have worked inside and around a home where his mom once lived. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli has exclusive video from inside that building.
Up rickety stairs, in narrow gangways and alleys and in houses and apartments, the sheriff’s department was on a mission this week. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
Jeff and Lori Kramer and their son Michael were shot to death in their Darien home three years ago. The trial of the man accused of killing them continued Wednesday in Wheaton.
Police are warning about a burglar who strikes at night when people are home, asleep, reports CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli.
Streamwood Police are asking for help and have released surveillance photos of the suspect.
18-year-old Janay McFarlane was gunned down in suburban North Chicago, reports CBS 2′S Mike Puccinelli.
Sheriff Tom Dart says he wants you to be shocked by it because he says it proves there are people behind bars who should not be there.
Shackled and in his jail house blues, Ninos Jando went before a Muskegon County, Mich. Judge, accused of videotaping wrestlers at Muskegon Community College while they showered after practice.
Loyola University has issued an alert to students after a student was robbed at gunpoint Tuesday afternoon in an alley near its Rogers Park neighborhood campus.
CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli reports new laws could be tough to sell at gun shows, like one held in suburban Rosemont on Friday.
Ramona Rogers-Washington has a fractured wrist and a bullet in her chest, but nonetheless she said she’s “very blessed” to be alive, after a shooting on a CTA bus on Thursday.
An alleged serial bank robber who escaped from custody in 2009 by slipping out of his restraints and taking a gun away from one of the officers taking him to court was on trial in federal court on Thursday.
A recent law signed in the U.S. deems Russia as a human rights violator, which caused an uproar in Moscow.
David Medina wants to be a cop, and the University of Illinois-Chicago Police Department seemed like the perfect fit. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
William Lee Martin was killed Friday night, making it two sons killed in one year for Thelma Smith,
For the third straight year, business leaders were encouraging consumers to shop at small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. And the White House sent one of its best-known voices to Chicago on Small Business Saturday to show how shopping small can give the country a big boost.
The group that sets up Nativity scenes at Daley Plaza and the Illinois State Capitol has been denied permission to place a Nativity scene in a park in Arlington Heights.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!