I was a fan of WBBM Newsradio 780 long before joining the staff as a reporter in January, 2006.
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, graduated from the University of Illinoisat Urbana-Champaign and earned a master’s degree in Public Affairs Reporting at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
I worked at the Illinois Radio Network for a number of years, where I covered stories on pretty much any subject of interest to the entire state. That includes a trip to Cuba with a delegation from Illinois, the 2000 Democratic National Convention, and the beginning of Governor Ryan’s corruption trial.
I live on the north side of Chicago with my husband and son.
Swimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM’s Nancy Harty has more.
Four men have been charged with the kidnapping and shooting death of a west suburban business owner 14 years ago, prosecutors announced Sunday.
Senator Dick Durbin says he will think about the idea, floated by his colleague, John McCain.
While the temperature may have you confused about what season it is, gas prices will tell you it’s almost summer time, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
A former southern Illinois judge who has been charged with drug possession can be heard on a 911 tape trying to revive a colleague who died of a cocaine overdose.
For the second day in a row, opponents of Chicago Public School closures marched near those buildings slated to be shuttered, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
Tensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago’s Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
A Muslim doll as a terrorist. That’s what’s on a birthday card that has upset the head of a local chapter of a civil rights group, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
Thousands of Chicago Police officers, state troopers and members of the FBI, DEA and Secret Service came out for the St. Jude Memorial March to pay their respects to those that have been killed in the line of duty.
Fr. Gary Graf, of St. Gall Catholic Church on the Southwest Side first spent a couple of days in Mexico before hopping a border fence.
In response to questions from Johnny Borizov’s attorneys, Jacob Nodarse said he couldn’t tell if he was dreaming or awake when he murdered Lori, Jeffery and Michael Kramer.
A South Side nine-year-old threw out the first pitch at today’s White Sox game and gave inspiration to all those who saw, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
After 2nd graders from Riley Elementary in Arlington Heights recited facts about the history of immigration in the U.S., some 7th graders took the stage at London Middle School in Wheeling to outline their proposals before their peers and politicians.
This weekend’s warmer weather means many people will rediscover their yards – which for many means cleaning up after their dogs.
The head of a local cremation group said he’s not surprised to hear the Kane County Coroner is looking for relatives to claim the cremated remains of nearly 50 people.
Emma Gomez doesn’t follow normal medical expectations. Her mother said, after essentially falling into a coma for five weeks, the 14-year-old leukemia patient just started talking one day.
The state has contracted with a new partner to answer calls for professionals seeking licenses from the state, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
A Downers Grove teenager with autism and a fear of fires was able to overcome those difficulties to warn his mother about a fire in their home over the weekend.
As more veterans return from combat without an arm or leg, there’s a push to boost research and care in the field of prosthetics.
More than four years after remnants of Hurricane Ike dumped several inches of rain across parts of Illinois, 4.6 million dollars in recovery aid helped rebuild a road in Pullman.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!