Nick Shepkowski is the associate producer of McNeil and Spiegel on 670 The Score (weekdays 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m) and heads the “research and development” part of the show. A fan of all four major sports, Nick follows the NFL, MLB, and college football closest and enjoys sharing his thoughts and research on all. You can follow him on Twitter @Shep670.
As I sit and type this out it feels like I’m back in the fall dissecting numbers to quantify Jay Cutler putting up a clunker of a performance in an important game. Except it’s not fall and the game isn’t being played outdoors.
Nate Robinson, who was battling the flu and seen vomiting on the Bulls bench finished with 18 points while playing 42 minutes. After a draining game for him, Robinson sat quietly at his locker before addressing the media:
“You just have got to muster up enough energy,” Robinson said, “no excuses”.
Ask two different locker rooms about the abuse and hard fouls the soon-to-be four time NBA MVP received on Wednesday night and you were bound to get two different responses.
Forget respectable, on a unseasonably cool evening in Chicago the Bulls cooled the Heat off and snapped the second longest winning streak the NBA has ever seen, in an environment that hasn’t been seen lately during home Bulls games.
“The atmosphere – the crowd was crazy into it and it was a competitive environment” Luol Deng said of Wednesday night’s setting at United Center.
Joakim Noah had an all-time performance for the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night. Find out what motivated him to do so and why both head coaches in Thursday’s game feel he was able to have so much success in every asset of the game.
If you’re a Bulls fan and feel the two games to date with Miami haven’t been the same with Rose out, you’re not alone.
Reggie Rose indicated the Bulls aren’t doing enough to put together a championship team around his brother, Derrick.
“In my eyes he’s an All-Star, he’s an All-Star this year and he’s having an All-Star type season” Tom Thibodeau said of Carlos Boozer prior to Friday’s contest.
As the Bulls near the halfway point of the season, their most important piece is getting close to a major step forward in his comeback.
It has been a magical year for rookies across the NFL, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. With all the love for Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin, III though, there is just as beastly of offensive rookie that it’s time we start recognizing.
Here is Nick Shepkowski’s notebook from Thursday’s Bulls-Thunder game.
It was by no means a thing of beauty, but likely nothing about the 2012-13 campaign will be for the Bulls.
With Week 2 in the NFL looming, here a few of my picks against the spread.
Listen, I love the Madden video game and will be playing it for a good number of hours when I get home tonight, I just don’t care whatsoever what they have to say about the coming NFL season.
Here’s a breakdown of each contending American League ball club’s record against other playoff contenders.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
For the seemingly endless holes the Cubs have right now and the lapses he’s had, there’s no reason to think Starlin Castro is untouchable when it comes to building for the teams future.
Despite rushing for more yards per game last year than Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and Chris Johnson, the Bears are right in their hesitance to sign Forte to a massive contract.
Outside of a few ridiculous sports radio callers who are incredibly out of touch with reality, nobody is going to tell you the Bulls are anywhere near the same team without Derrick Rose.
Taj Gibson addresses the media after Bulls game five victory over Philadelphia.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.2074
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.533
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!