Nick Shepkowski is the associate producer of McNeil and Spiegel on 670 The Score (weekdays 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m) and heads the “research and development” part of the show. A fan of all four major sports, Nick follows the NFL, MLB, and college football closest and enjoys sharing his thoughts and research on all. You can follow him on Twitter @Shep670.
Everything was looking right for the Bulls in game two of the eastern conference quarterfinals…until the second half started.
Luol Deng addressed the media and discussed the second half problems after the game.
The Bulls went up 1-0 against the Philadelphia 76ers but their confidence was shaken with another setback to Derrick Rose.
Joakim Noah addresses the media and gives his reaction to the Bulls game one victory over Philadelphia.
By – Nick Shepkowski (CBS) With the Bulls comeback win Thursday night at United Center they essentially wrapped up the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference for a second year in a row, now sitting [...]
When you’re the biggest off-season addition for a team that led the NBA in wins a season ago, expectations are high.
The Bulls currently hold a two game lead in the standings over the Heat, but two games left against Miami could easily make up that differential. Here’s a deeper look at what remains before the playoffs for both teams:
As for Derrick Rose, he noted before Thursday night’s game that he’ll play Sunday in New York.
Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly continued a recent hot-streak in recruiting Wednesday morning by landing his tenth commitment for the recruiting class of 2013 when cornerback Devin Butler made his college choice known via Twitter.
Catch up with the latest news on the Bulls injuries, if tired legs played into their loss Thursday night and what some players are already looking forward to despite being months and months away.
“That’s something that I don’t forget and I don’t know what they were doing in my eyes,” Rose said.
After losing to Ohio State in a heart-breaker Wednesday night, Northwestern is still sitting right on the edge of the NCAA Tournament bubble.
A big to-do was made about an internet rumor Sunday night that had the Bulls sending Carlos Boozer and potentially C.J. Watson to the Lakers in exchange for Pau Gasol.
With Derrick Rose again out it was Deng that was perhaps the most key-cog in getting the Bulls offense going as he had a career-night from beyond the arc, hitting 6/9 three-point attempts in route to matching Carlos Boozer with a game-high 23 points.
“(Rose) went thru his workout and didn’t have problems” Thibodeau said. “Feeling a lot better but we’re just going to wait and see how he feels tomorrow.”
The Bulls improved to 24-7 on the season and guaranteed head coach Tom Thibodeau an appearance as the head coach of the Eastern Conference squad in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game.
Despite not being able to return to the lineup against the Sacramento Kings Tuesday, Derrick Rose claims to be on the road to recovery with his recent back issue.
Despite trailing by nine with just under four minutes remaining versus Indiana on Wednesday night the Bulls were able to get an open look to take the lead with 22 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.
Prince Fielder is among the best left-handed hitters in baseball, and Cubs fans are excited today because of Tuesday’s news of the Detroit Tigers signing the All-Star first baseman out of the National League Central.
For the first time without Derrick Rose the Bulls offense appeared to not miss a beat in Tuesday nights 118-97 win over the Phoenix Suns.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!