Roseanne Tellez is the co-anchor of CBS 2 Chicago′s midday News at 11:00 AM. Tellez, who joined CBS 2 Chicago in 2004, has been a fixture on morning news in Illinois since the mid-90s.
She also serves as a general assignment reporter for the afternoon newscasts at 5 PM and 6 PM.
She joined the station after 14 years at WGN-TV (1990-2004), the last nine of which she served as news anchor. Previously, Tellez worked at WTLV-TV in Jacksonville, Fla. (1988-90) as a general assignment reporter. Prior to that, she served as an anchor and a general assignment reporter at KQTV in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Tellez won an Emmy Award while at WGN for her contributions to a half-hour special called “Hero Street,” a program that featured one street in Silvas, Illinois that lost five boys in World War II.
Tellez is originally from the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. She dedicates much of her personal time to supporting the fight against muscular dystrophy, a cause very close to her heart. She hosted the local Muscular Dystrophy Association’s telethons in 2002 and 2003, as well as fundraisers in 2005 and 2006.
She participated in the planning of the Randy Salerno Celebrity Golf Outing in memory of her co-anchor and longtime friend. The event benefited Randy’s alma maters, Crystal Lake South High School and Illinois State University.
Tellez earned her B.A. in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Southern California. She lives in Chicago with her three children.
Like the hole itself, it grew into a bigger job than first thought. Tonight, the hole is bigger than ever, the sewer smell worse than ever, and the residents are being told it will take at least a couple more weeks.
It’s not what anyone wants to see when they walk to their car in the morning, but several Bucktown residents found shattered windshields and glass all over the street.
Help is on the way. That was the message Monday from Gov. Pat Quinn to flood victims in the Chicago area.
An alert parent is credited with helping police arrest a Chicago man who allegedly grabbed a Fenton High School student and threatened her with a knife Friday.
There was plenty of fanfare as the Rickett’s family and the former Cubs pitcher broke ground on the new Kerry Wood Cubs field back in October.
Eighteen-year-old Joe Massenburg was gunned down Monday on a street in New Orleans. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Ground was broken Tuesday on a new commercial and residential development in Bronzeville, a project the likes of which haven’t been seen in that neighborhood in 50 years.
There is more information coming out about an Indiana High School teacher who made threatening comments to students.
A man was walking down the street when he was shot in the back in west suburban Bellwood, and where he was walking might have helped save his life.
A robbery victim spots police and thinks help is on the way. But that relief turned to terror, when police started shooting at him.
What started as a fun-run in the snow nearly turned tragic in Des Plaines yesterday. But it turned out to be a lucky day for a little boy who slipped into the river.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez met the hero cop who saved him.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports for some women, the study itself has their hearts pumping.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports the incident has probation officers renewing calls for more staff.
President Obama will return home on Friday to give a speech not far from where 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton was fatally shot last month.
CBS 2 has learned Michael Ward violated that probation three times before her killing, with only one violation being reported to the judge.
There hasn’t been much need for snow shovels in the Chicago area this year, or salt for the driveway, but there has been a run on humidifiers, due to the unusually dry conditions this winter.
What if something as simple as changing the color of your plate helped you lose weight? Or if clenching a fist put an end to a fattening craving?
It’s already one of the more dangerous parts of Lake Shore Drive. Now the curve at Oak Street Beach is even more challenging for drivers to navigate.
The Stillman family of Oak Lawn has their own dream: turn the famous baseball film location into a tournament site. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez caught up with Ryan Garcia, the last day of his mission.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!