Roseanne Tellez is the co-anchor of CBS 2 Chicago′s midday News at 11:00 AM. Tellez, who joined CBS 2 Chicago in 2004, has been a fixture on morning news in Illinois since the mid-90s.
She also serves as a general assignment reporter for the afternoon newscasts at 5 PM and 6 PM.
She joined the station after 14 years at WGN-TV (1990-2004), the last nine of which she served as news anchor. Previously, Tellez worked at WTLV-TV in Jacksonville, Fla. (1988-90) as a general assignment reporter. Prior to that, she served as an anchor and a general assignment reporter at KQTV in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Tellez won an Emmy Award while at WGN for her contributions to a half-hour special called “Hero Street,” a program that featured one street in Silvas, Illinois that lost five boys in World War II.
Tellez is originally from the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. She dedicates much of her personal time to supporting the fight against muscular dystrophy, a cause very close to her heart. She hosted the local Muscular Dystrophy Association’s telethons in 2002 and 2003, as well as fundraisers in 2005 and 2006.
She participated in the planning of the Randy Salerno Celebrity Golf Outing in memory of her co-anchor and longtime friend. The event benefited Randy’s alma maters, Crystal Lake South High School and Illinois State University.
Tellez earned her B.A. in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Southern California. She lives in Chicago with her three children.
An Army mom delivered a big surprise at her son’s Southwest Side elementary school on Tuesday.
It couldn’t happen at a better time — just as everyone is hitting the road for the holiday. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Four people are dead, and two others are critically injured, after a crash at 31st Street and Kedzie Avenue in the Little Village neighborhood overnight.
Chicago is the largest Polish city outside of Poland, with more than 1 million people in the Chicago area considering themselves to be Polish. So, you can imagine they are excited about the delegation of Polish leaders who will visit Chicago for the NATO summit in less than two weeks.
Much of the NATO summit attention so far has surrounded protesters, security, and controversy. But there’s another side to it all – the excitement and pride the event will provide to the city’s various ethnic communities, especially those from smaller countries.
Some women can’t put it down. It’s a book so sexy, it’s been dubbed “mommy porn.”
Lise Sievers is the passenger whose curious medical symptoms caused a health scare at Midway Airport. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez talks with the Minnesota resident.
The FTC wants to weigh the pros and cons of mobile app technology to consumers. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
They thought they’d never see them again; Stolen bikes, strollers, unopened packages. But on Monday, some North Side residents were getting their stolen property back after they were recovered in a raid on an alleged burglar’s home in Lincoln Park.
It’s hard to believe spring doesn’t even start until Tuesday, but already flowers are blooming, and trees are budding.
The corned beef, green beer and other hallmarks of St. Patrick’s Day are in place for weekend festivities. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
The next time you think you’re suffering from a cold or the flu, your real problem might be this mild winter. Seasonal allergies are expected to start earlier this year.
Derrick Rose is, without a doubt, the brightest basketball star in Chicago, if not its biggest sports star, period. But Rose and the Chicago Bulls’ success isn’t stopping “Linsanity” from taking root in Chicago, as New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin continues to dazzle the NBA.
Rachel Jankovic is thankful her daughter wasn’t harmed and that she seemed to know just what to do, CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Many receipts contain toxic Bisphenol A, or BPA. Legislation introduced Thursday will require all stores to find an alternative. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
A former Boston area elementary school teacher has been charged with taking inappropriate pictures of a girl he babysat after he was hired through the Chicago-based babysitter service website Sittercity.com.
Who doesn’t want to come home to a nice clean house? But if you have kids, getting them to pitch in can be tough. Help is on the way. CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez takes a look at strategies that won’t make you feel like a nag.
First came the shock of losing his friend Don Cornelius, then the discovery that just a few hours before his death, Cornelius left longtime friend and radio executive Marv Dyson three voice mail messages.
In each of his 10 robberies, the man has entered wearing a hat or a hoodie. He goes to the teller window, demands cash — sometimes verbally, sometimes with a note — grabs the money and takes off.
In south suburban Harvey, a sting by police has ended with a robbery suspect critically shot, and another taken into custody. The two men are suspected in a string of tow truck robberies in Harvey and other south suburbs.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!