After earning a degree in Journalism from the University of Illinois, I joined the CBS Chicago digital department in September of 2011. In addition to covering various Chicago sporting events, I also produce and edit content for CBSChicago.com and 670TheScore.com.
While in college, I spent two summers interning for MLB.com. I was placed with the Kansas City Royals during the summer of 2010 and the Chicago Cubs in 2011. Though the on-field product was never anything special, those two summers proved to be the most incredible of my life. I am unbelievably grateful for my time with both organizations.
In between my internships, I worked as a stringer for the Associated Press, covering basketball and football at the University of Illinois. My love for journalism began in 2008 when — for reasons I’ll never understand — The Rock River Times allowed me to write a weekly sports column.
When the final out was recorded in the Cubs loss to the Brewers in Monday’s home opener, the city of Chicago was still waiting.
Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein had absolutely no problem with manager Dale Sveum’s decision to demote Carlos Marmol from his closing position.
Like it or not, the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association has every right to protest the Cubs’ new renovation plan.
Let’s get one thing straight. The minute Derrick Rose steps foot on the court, none of this will matter.
Fear not, Blackhawks fans, goaltender Corey Crawford is ready to return to the ice after he exited Thursday’s game in St. Louis after one period.
The Cubs wanted Anibal Sanchez. That much was obvious after the team officially announced the signing of right-hander Edwin Jackson to a four-year contract worth $52 million on Wednesday.
Maybe the Mayans weren’t referring to the world when they predicted destruction in the year 2012 – maybe they were simply foreseeing the demise of the Chicago sports landscape.
The 31-year-old Baker signed a one-year deal with the Cubs on Tuesday after missing the entire 2012 season while recovering from Tommy John’s surgery.
In what was literally the final hour, the Bulls and fourth-year forward Taj Gibson agreed upon a four-year extension worth $38 million.
Why can’t sports be about more than sports?
Admittedly, I have a tough time respecting men who allegedly beat their wives.
He may be half way across the country, but former White Sox ace Mark Buehrle understands just how special Chris Sale is.
Days before the Marlins headed to Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs, Guillen told the Sun-Times he felt backstabbed by certain members of the Chicago media. On Tuesday, he explained those feelings.
Instead of flying in as Superman, Rizzo understands his call up is just the first step of many in the master plans laid out by Epstein and Hoyer to turn the Cubs from laughable losers into perennial champions.
When Taj Gibson rolled his ankle late in the third quarter, the feeling at the United Center was palpable.
If a picture is worth one thousand words, then this was worth one million.
It’s minutes after the Bulls defeated the 76ers, earning a win in Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs, yet no one is smiling.
With the 19th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected Shea McClellin, DE, out of Boise State.
This could have been a pretty special Opening Day for Ryan Dempster.
It looks like Bryan LaHair won’t get to make his first opening day start after all.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!