Shawn Muller has lived in the great city of Chicago for 7 years. He is a 2002 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and, in October of 2010, Shawn received his certificate in radio broadcasting. In his free time, Shawn enjoys spending time with his wife Melissa and 3 year old daughter Ava, catching any live sporting event, and traveling. Check out his radio show, “Grab Some Bench with Muller and Bangser” every Thursday night at 8:30 P.M. at blogtalkradio.com/spmuller24.
I suppose I should congratulate the Crimson Tide for beating the Tigers 21-0 to win their second “national championship” in the last three seasons, but I am having a really hard time doing so.
Someone please make the college football season stop!
Cubs fans can now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that they won’t have to wonder when number 38 is going to “lose it” any longer.
To say that the Bulls have looked good in the teams’ first two games of the 2011-12 NBA season would be a lie.
I will never be one of those insane chest thumpers that feel it is necessary to puff out my chest based on how my “conference” plays in bowl games, but apparently, I am one of the few who actually feels this way.
With all the hoopla surrounding Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, I realized just how blessed the Chicago Bulls are to have a guy like Derrick Rose leading the franchise back to prominence.
When I first heard that Albert Pujols decided to leave the St. Louis Cardinals in favor of the Los Angeles Angels, my initial reaction was one of relief.
The Heisman Trophy, one of the few post season awards that I actually used to have respect for, is about to fall into the same pit of college football ridiculousness.
Albert Pujols is the most feared hitter in baseball and was arguably the biggest free agent to hit the open market since Alex Rodriguez left Seattle for Texas back in 2001.
There are no “do overs” in life. Well, unless your favorite college football team happens to be the Alabama Crimson Tide, of course.
2011 was the year of the “paper champion” in professional sports, and I have to admit, I have enjoyed watching every moment of each collapse.
Who deserves the chance to face the Tigers for a chance to hoist the crystal ball come January? Well, that is the million dollar question.
I understand that the award is basically just a popularity contest, and I would be absolutely shocked if Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck didn’t walk away with the hardware next month, but if any running back deserves an invite to the Downtown Athletic Club in New York City for the trophy presentation, Mr. Ball should already have his bags packed.
Don’t blame the owners for the lack of professional basketball in the middle of November. Don’t blame the players for nixing the latest offer earlier this week, thus extending the delay until at least mid-December, and quite possibly, until the 2012-13 season.
t’s the end of an era in the world of college football, but it wasn’t the storybook ending we had originally thought it would be.
Instead of getting excited to watch the defending league MVP Derrick Rose and his Bulls comrades begin their march towards redemption, I was stuck moping around my apartment while my wife watched re-runs of Sex and the City and whatever “breaking news” in the ever-important Kris Humphries Kim Kardashian divorce “saga” was becoming public knowledge.
When I hear the name Mark Emmert mentioned, I don’t think Al Capone, John Gotti, or Carlo Gambino. But Illinois congressman Bobby Bush does.
How long before Bears fans start talking about getting Terrell Owens to help the wide receiving core for Chicago’s NFL franchise?
$2,000 in extra spending money for student athletes, huh? I can live with that.
David Stern and Billy Hunter are still hard at work trying to save the NBA season but it appears that many of the league’s top stars are getting ready to hit the road for a two-week world tour that will consist of six games spanning across four continents.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!