Steve Baskerville is the meteorologist for CBS 2 Chicago’s 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM News, Monday through Friday.
Baskerville has been honored for excellence throughout this career. He has earned several local Emmy Awards including the Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence in 2006 and an Emmy in 2005 for the news feature, “Steve’s Getaway Guide”.
He also received one for his work on CBS 2 Chicago′s 2004 broadcast of the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon and one for his coverage of the deadly tornado in Utica, Illinois in 2004. In 2001, he was honored by the Illinois Broadcasters Association for “Best Weather Segment.” In 1999, he won an Emmy for the news feature series, “Best of Chicago.”
Before joining CBS 2 Chicago in September, 1987, Baskerville was the weather anchor for “CBS This Morning” (1984-87). Prior to that, he was with KYW-TV, the NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, where he worked as a weather anchor, co-host of a morning talk show, and host of a daily children’s program which was honored by Action for Children’s Television.
Baskerville’s interest in children’s programming led him to hosting a two-hour special, “Dealing with Dope.” He also co-hosted a children’s issues program for WCBS-TV called, “What If.”
Baskerville has displayed his diverse skills by hosting projects such as: “Thanks to Teachers,” a salute to area educators; “Taste of the Taste,” a half-hour broadcast live from the Taste of Chicago; the “All-City Jamboree,” a high school talent competition; and “Beautiful Babies,” a public service campaign.
Baskerville also hosted CBS 2 Chicago′s Emmy-Award winning program, “Sunday! With Steve Baskerville!” a talk and variety program featuring local celebrities, chefs and entertainers.
He began his broadcasting career while working for the Office of Curriculum in the Philadelphia School District, where he hosted a children’s show on public radio.
Baskerville earned a Certificate in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University in 2006. He received his AMS Seal of Approval in 2007.
He is a native of Philadelphia and holds a B.S. in Communications from Temple University. Baskerville and his wife live in Glenview. They have two children, Aaron and Sheena.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!