Steve Silverman is an award-winning writer, covering sports since 1980. Silverman was with Pro Football Weekly for 10 years and his byline has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Playboy, NFL.com and The Sporting News. He is the author of four books, including Who’s Better, Who’s Best in Football — The Top 60 Players of All-Time. Follow him on Twitter at @ProFootballBoy.
While it was clear that Urlacher was a remarkable athlete, it wasn’t clear in the days and weeks leading up to his selection what position he would play in the NFL.
It is no longer a shrug-your-shoulders matter.
But if the Blackhawks are going to fulfill their Presidents Trophy pedigree and emerge as the best team during the postseason as well, they are likely going to have to overcome adversity and win in dramatic fashion.
This second-round playoff matchup has the potential for drama and angst, but there’s no way that Detroit should come out on top in a best-of-seven series.
The easy thing is to look at the Chicago White Sox and write them off as a lost cause.
There’s something that’s not quite right with the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks are likely going to get by the Wild without much more trouble the rest of the way. However, Quenneville & Co. now understand that Crawford can make the key save when the game is on the line.
The Blackhawks are the best team in the West and should be on a collision course with the Penguins. But there will be challenges, and when they get to the second round, they could face a huge one.
Emery has to hit a home run in this draft and give Trestman at least two regular starters. At least one of those players must come on the offensive side.
Quarterbacks are lacking and skill-position players are down. It’s time to load up on the building blocks of the game.
Take a look at the NHL’s Western Conference Standings and you’ll see the same thing you have seen since the lockout ended and players returned to the ice.
The Chicago Bears become Marc Trestman’s team during minicamp.
Toews should win the Hart Trophy that goes to the Most Valuable Player in the National Hockey League.
This should be a Masters to remember. Tiger Woods is the clear favorite in the tournament because he is dominating the game once again.
Take a look at the American League standings. There’s something very wrong going on.
The Bears are not going to ignore the offensive line in the draft, but they don’t have to use their first-round pick on a blocker.
Go to bed one night and Jarome Iginla is saying goodbye to Calgary and hello to Boston. Wake up the next morning and Iginla is not going to Boston. He’s going to Pittsburgh.
Make no mistake about it, Tiger Woods is back.
The NFL is on top of the sports world and it has been for decades.
Trestman needs to take a page out of Carroll’s book and trust his eyes when deciding who’s in the lineup.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!