Steve Silverman is an award-winning writer, covering sports since 1980. Silverman was with Pro Football Weekly for 10 years and his byline has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Playboy, NFL.com and The Sporting News. He is the author of four books, including Who’s Better, Who’s Best in Football — The Top 60 Players of All-Time. Follow him on Twitter at @ProFootballBoy.
Free agency got off to a roaring start and the movement made by the Bears coupled with their performance on Draft Day will determine whether head coach Marc Trestman has a winning hand to play once training camp begins in the summer.
Now that the streak is over, it’s time for the Chicago Blackhawks to get on with the business of winning another Stanley Cup.
No team would benefit more from signing Wes Welker than the Chicago Bears.
Much of realignment has been discussed with an eye towards saving teams money when it comes to travel. That’s understandable, but it’s not really forward thinking.
A thumbnail look at the four teams that appear to be the biggest threats to the Blackhawks this season.
Geno Smith of West Virginia is the top-ranked quarterback in this year’s class, but the 2013 Draft is nothing like the 2012 class.
The Blackhawks know that the shortened NHL season will not be stopped and Lord Stanley’s hardware will not be awarded by keeping the “L” column clean against the Canucks.
The 2012-13 college basketball season has been even better than most for the Big Ten. This is the year that the Big Ten is talented, powerful and deep.
Patrick Kane has been an easy player to criticize throughout his career with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jim Harbaugh has the kind of thoughtful and caring attitude that new Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman would be wise to take note of and apply to his own coaching.
Kaepernick is a superb weapon who has the athleticism to do things that Flacco can’t. The 49ers also have the speed and the attack mentality on defense that the Ravens once did.
It’s Ray’s last ride but as he gets set to dance his Baltimore teammates into the Superdome, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh and quarterback Colin Kaepernick would be well-advised to focus much of their attention on Baltimore’s Ed Reed.
Tim Brown had one chance to win a Super Bowl in his career with the Oakland Raiders.
Joe Flacco may finally have earned the respect of his many critics around the NFL.
I’m not sure if Trestman is going to be successful, but he has a much better chance than Kelly does in Philadelphia.
A great teacher will pay dividends and so will a coach who understands strategy and how to use his timeouts.
The Blackhawks are going to be excellent entertainment most nights for fans who will forget their lockout-induced anger at hockey.
The Wild-Card weekend represented some of the worst playoff football seen in many years.
The Bears are in the process of trying to find a head coach because of their inability to build a consistent offense in the Lovie Smith tenure.
While it basically comes down to winning and losing, there are specific reasons each of the seven coaches were dismissed.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!