Tim Baffoe attended the University of Iowa before earning his degree from Governors State University and began blogging at The Score after winning the 2011 Pepsi Max Score Search. He enjoys writing things about stuff, but not so much stuff about things. When not writing for 670TheScore.com, Tim corrupts America’s youth as a high school English teacher and provides a great service to his South Side community delivering pizzas (please tip him and his colleagues well). You can follow Tim’s inappropriate brain droppings on Twitter (@TimBaffoe), but please don’t follow him in real life. He grew up in Chicago’s Beverly neighborhood and currently lives in Mt. Greenwood.
KYLE LONG? What the…? KYLE LONG? But there were so many better guys availa… KYLE LONG?
Reno Saccoccia is not a condition that involves flesh-eating bacteria breeding inside one’s kidneys. Nor is it a casino featuring the comedic stylings of Carlos Mencia. It’s neither of those awful things.
The White Sox supposedly have a progressive statistical GM with a manager willing to embrace a numbers-driven era. An organization with those in charge on the same page. The manager is willing, right?
It was a really, really, really, really, really, really bad week to say the least. Chicagoans should count themselves lucky that it was mostly just our commutes and basements that were ruined.
As we now immerse ourselves back into sports after the most recent act of ignorant spinelessness to try to disrupt the joy that defines the competitions we watch, I sincerely hope that our greatest fears of what can happen at a celebration (because, really, that’s what any race or game or match is—even at Wrigley Field these days) do not cause us to temper ourselves in future celebrations.
One of my favorite things to ever happen in sports is occurring this weekend.
At no point would Griner be the best player on the board. She is not one of the top 60 as-yet-to-be NBA players in the world.
Enough of this two leagues with different rules nonsense.
I won’t pretend I knew Roger Ebert personally, but his death affects me as a great admirer of his and what he stood for.
The only way to find out if that request rings the Cubs’ phones is if Carlos Marmol keeps pitching, though. He needs to be given the opportunity to possibly return to the type of guy Jason Goff referred to as “You won’t hit me, but I might hit you.”
Here are three reasons each to love and hate the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs respectively in 2013.
I’ve watched John Ziegler from afar for a while now. As one of his Twitter followers (hey, follow back, dude!) I’ve seen him retweet every person that praises him and bully dissenters on a daily basis.
With all the excitement and gravitas and craziness of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament come a few lame byproducts.
I refuse to be part of the comfortable group of ignorant. So, besides not raping people, I’d like to do my small part by making fun of some idiots that think stuff like this is okay on various levels.
Cue the inspirational horns and strings. Get Bob Costas cozied up near a fireplace in a flame-retardant turtleneck.
Booing a guy who used to be on your favorite team and now is on another team is beyond stupid.
What better way to salt the festering wound of bricks and ivy than celebrating the park’s anniversary.
The 2013 Chicago Blackhawks could become a footnote even after starting better than any team in NHL history.
O.J. Pistorius. That’s what I’ve begun calling the South African runner accused of murdering his girlfriend (and I don’t want to place value on one murder victim over another, but holy Mandela, that woman was gorgeous).
The 2013 Cubs are fait accompli, and there are only so many ways for someone to write that the team is going to be bad again.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.4003
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!