Most of the Chicago area has finally caught a break from the extreme heat, and even see a rip of thunder and a torrent of rain before the day is through.
The temperature is once again expected to rise to 100 degrees on Tuesday, and a heat advisory is in effect for the whole area.
Chicago was bracing for another 100-degree day, prompting emergency officials to ask residents to take precautions.
With countless Chicagoans trying to beat the intense heat in the city by taking a dip in Lake Michigan, officials have closed the parking lots at three popular beaches, after they ran out of space.
Chicago matched a 101-year-old record on Wednesday, as the official temperature hit 102 degrees in the city.
The outside world feels like the steam room at your local fitness center again, as the temperature nears 100 degrees for another day.
For only the second time in the past seven years, the high temperature in Chicago hit 100 degrees.
Temperatures of 100 degrees or more in Chicago are actually fairly rare.
The area could experience something so rare that it has only happened once since 2000: A day when the high temperature cracks 100 degrees.
The weather is cool and springlike Monday, but don’t get used to it.
The beaches will soon be closing, the summer festivals are winding down, and parents are preparing to send their kids back to school. But you wouldn’t know it by stepping outside.
Chicago is being dragged through another day of intense heat, with temperatures again soaring toward the upper 90s.
The forecast high for the day is still near the triple digits, and the temperature could even rise to 100.
A scorching heat wave will keep much of Illinois in the 90s this week.
The forecast high for today remains 97 degrees. But conditions will be humid and sticky, and the heat index will make it feel like it’s 100 to 105 degrees.
The last time the official temperature exceeded 100 degrees was six years ago, but on Friday, it might happen again.
It’s the hottest day of the year in Chicago, with a forecast just a few degrees short of an all-time record for the day.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 5 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 5 hours ago