The extra alarm fire at a Morgan Park condo left nearly 50 without a place to live.
Nearly 70 people lost everything this past weekend, when an extra-alarm fire ripped through their condo building in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
Firefighters have been battling an extra-alarm blaze at an apartment building in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood for about an hour Saturday afternoon.
A woman was killed and two children injured after a Metra train hit a vehicle on the South Side.
Members of a Catholic fraternal organization on the Southwest Side have been accused of racist behavior toward a fellow member, who is black.
A Chicago Police officer was shot and wounded Wednesday night in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
A pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday morning, right outside Roseland Community Hospital on the city’s Far South Side.
At least eight people were killed and 40 others were injured in separate shootings in a violent weekend in Chicago.
A motorist on his way to his job at the Chicago Tribune was killed early Monday when a wrong-way driver collided with his vehicle on the Bishop Ford Freeway.
One person was killed and two others were injured in an early Saturday crash on Interstate 57 on the Southwest Side, authorities said.
All lanes on Interstate 57 were back open in time for the morning rush Monday, after a crash left five people injured overnight.
A woman in her 50s was shot in the leg while delivering pizzas Wednesday night on the Far South Side.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy is acknowledging there were “issues” with the cameras inside the Calumet District police lockup on the city’s Far South Side, where two inmates hanged themselves within four days.
At least 10 people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city between Saturday afternoon and early Sunday — one day after a man was killed and a lest seven others wounded by gunfire.
Police were sent to a high school in Palos Hills three different times in one day last week, and three students are in big trouble now.
A south suburban man was killed and three others seriously injured in an car accident on Interstate 57 early Saturday in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side.
The last of five killers of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert was sentenced to 32 years in prison on Monday.
One of the final two defendants in the murder of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert has been sentenced to 32 years in prison.
One person was hurt in a two-vehicle crash on the far Southwest Side Sunday morning.
A person was shot and seriously wounded in the Roseland neighborhood on the Far South Side. About the same time and location, shots were fired at a Chicago Police officer, who was not hit.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!