Two men were killed and a woman was injured in a traffic crash early Sunday in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood on the Far Southwest Side, police said.
More than 200 local residents, fed up with what they perceive to be dangerous gang-related funeral processions rolling through their Beverly and Mount Greenwood communities, were staged a silent protest Saturday afternoon.
At least six people were killed and 36 others were wounded in separate shootings across Chicago late Friday into Sunday morning, authorities said.
Two men were killed and at least 17 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago late Friday into early Saturday.
A man trying to flee Chicago Police officers ended up falling through the ceiling in a Morgan Park neighborhood house Friday morning, then jumping out a window to escape.
A motorist on his way to his job at the Chicago Tribune was killed early Monday when a wrong-way driver collided with his vehicle on the Bishop Ford Freeway.
Police were searching Friday morning for the shooter who killed one man was killed wounded two others on the city’s Far South Side.
Bond was set at $400,000 on Wednesday for a Blue Island man charged with DUI in a fatal chain-reaction crash with a CTA bus and a beer truck Monday afternoon.
Prosecutors say a drunken driver first peed on the floor, then sang and played “air piano” for the officers who arrested him on the city’s Far South Side.
Detectives are conducting a death investigation after a man was found dead inside a Roseland residence with head trauma.
A man’s family has sued the CTA, nearly a year after he was hit and killed by a car while running between buses.
Four people were hurt in a crash early Saturday on the Far South Side.
A rash of sexual assaults has been plaguing the West Pullman neighborhood for more than four months, police say.
Police say an Evergreen Park man fell asleep at the wheel on the Bishop Ford Freeway, and it cost him his life.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!