Six people were injured in a traffic crash involving two semi-trucks and a passenger vehicle on the Bishop Ford Freeway early Tuesday, prompting authorities to close the interstate’s southbound lanes to travel.
Two boys – ages 13 and 14 – were among four killed, and at least 31 others were wounded in shootings in Chicago over the weekend.
City workers on Thursday morning removed a set of concrete and steel posts that had blocked a key entrance to an apartment complex where two small children died in a fire earlier this week.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services in investigating accusations of neglect, for the family that lived in the Far South Side apartment where a fire broke out early Tuesday and killed two children.
Two toddlers were killed early Tuesday in a townhouse fire on the city’s Far South Side, and an accident involving a 6-year-old boy cooking on the stove may be to blame.
Three people are being held by police in connection with a shootout this week at a store near the Altgeld Gardens public housing complex on the Far South Side.
If you’re wondering why the $1 billion plan to remake part of the CTA does not include Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s desire to extend the Red Line five miles south, officials say $1 billion is hardly enough for that project.
A security guard tried to defend a store near the Altgeld Gardens public housing development from several men who walked in and started shooting Wednesday night, but he was outgunned.
A motorist was shot while driving on the Bishop Ford Freeway early Sunday on the Far South Side.
As investigators try to get to the bottom of a deadly weekend accident on the Bishop Ford Freeway, one major question remains.
A $150 million dollar publicly and privately funded construction project on the far Southeast Side will lower roads and raise bridges to improve commerce.
Police were search on the city’s Far South Side this afternoon for the body of the third victim of accused serial killer Sonny Pierce.
Eleven people were injured Saturday when a CTA bus struck a viaduct in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood on the South Side.
Two workers are in the hospital after falling into a hole this morning at the Water Reclamation plant on the city’s Far South Side.
A driver on the Bishop Ford Freeway pulled over and flagged down an Illinois Department of Transportation worker overnight.
Police say icy roads were the cause of a four-car crash that sent six people to the hospital on the city’s Far South Side.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago