CBS 2′s Dave Savini investigates the cameras and videos monitored by Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications.
Imagine a gun that can’t be traced and can pass right through security without being detected. A Texas man announced last week that he’d made one using something called a 3D printer.
The 2 Investigators reviewed hundreds of CTA security bulletins from the last 2 ½ years. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
Chicago is synonymous with classic architecture, and public art projects like the Picasso and the so-called “Bean” at Millennium Park. Now there’s a newly unveiled light sculpture project in the South Loop. We asked 2- investigator Pam Zekman to check out how much it cost. And who is paying for it?
Retire at 50 and collect more than $100,000 a year – that’s the plan for a special group of state workers. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Friends are leaving friends to die. It is part of the devastating toll heroin is taking in our suburbs. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looks at heroin in our high schools and how a new law was created to save lives.
When it comes to deaths, Lake, Will and DuPage counties reported big increases last year. As CBS 2’s Dave Savini reports, drug dealers could be operating right in your own neighborhood.
A Chicago man onboard a spirit airlines flight from Las Vegas to Chicago this past Monday died and 2 investigator Pam Zekman has learned there are questions about emergency training for staff and medical equipment on board that plane.
Sources say the agents were carrying hand-held nuclear-detection devices that picked up a reading. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A local family has been hit with huge fines by the Illinois Tollway. They say what the state agency is doing is worse than any loan shark or pay day loan scam. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looks at how one family was ordered to pay one extraordinary bill.
Businessmen, college students and body builders are among the people taking this drug, not realizing how addictive and deadly it can be. CBS 2′s Dave Savini takes a look at the drug GHB, which has the street name — Liquid G.
At least 50 mayors who double as liquor commissioners have taken campaign contributions totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars from the same bars they watch over. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
On-duty, they are police officers who took an oath to enforce the law. Off-duty, they formed a motorcycle club that looks like it supports outlaw biker gangs.
Dave Savini and the 2 Investigators went undercover and found instructor Jose Valdez cashing in while using public school students as free labor.
An Elmwood Park police sergeant has been accused of using his police powers to target women he could seduce, when he was supposed to be working. He also has been accused of targeting the men who are in those ladies’ lives.
2 Investigator Pam Zekman tagged along with a city investigator to see how Chicagoans can get ripped off from tax preparers.
Some Chicago police officers accused of misconduct have been stripped of their powers and placed on paid desk duty. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Two families were speaking out Tuesday night, saying a serial killer was allowed to keep killing because of bad work done by police and prosecutors.
One Chicago officer isn’t applying handicapped-parking laws correctly when ticketing able-bodied drivers who are shuttling patients to the hospital. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
One of dozens of alternative energy suppliers now fiercely competing for your business is a company with a bad track record the CBS 2 Investigators have been reporting on for years.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!