A number of remembrances of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were held Tuesday morning in the Chicago area.
It was on this day 11 years ago that the Tionda and Diamond Bradley disappeared from their South Side home.
The “Chicago Christmas” special series looking back on Christmases past returns to WBBM Newsradio for the 32nd consecutive year. Today, we look at Christmas 2001.
As a downtown firehouse observed the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks Sunday, firefighters there were still wondering what happened to a link between Chicago and Ground Zero that disappeared a year ago.
As America prepares to honor the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, crowds are heading to the Field Museum of Natural History for the moving exhibit, “Ground Zero 360: Never Forget.”
A Chicago man has been the subject of envy, because he has no recollection of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, as they happened. Find out why.
ong those being remembered this week as we look back on the 9-11 attacks on America 10 years ago, is a 39-year old woman from the city’s Northwest Side who had moved to New York.
A former New York police commanding officer and his photojournalist wife are preparing to commemorate the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks with their Field Museum exhibit.
The Field Museum is planning an exhibit designed to mark the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
It was 10 years ago Wednesday when Tionda and Diamond Bradley disappeared from their home on the city’s South Side, and the family says it feels like yesterday.
Memories of the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 are thick today at the Hines Veterans’ Administration Hospital near Maywood.
Ten years ago, a Chicago area woman was thrust into history and the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001.
Today would be the 20th birthday of Tionda Bradley, who along with her sister, Diamond, has been missing for nearly a decade.
Two Chicago firefighters who were denied compensation for health problems they believe were caused by their work at Ground Zero, are expected to benefit from a $4.2 billion package passed by congress.
Some Chicago firefighters who volunteered to help at Ground Zero after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks are being left out of a settlement to cover health claims.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!