One would think that Obama and his White House would want to keep the name Solyndra as far from the headlines as possible. Yet, President Obama is rubbing elbows with key players in the Solyndra stimulus disaster at a high-priced fundraiser where donors paid $35,800-per-person.
William Balfour, the man convicted of murdering three members of singer-actress Jennifer Hudson’s family, has been sentenced to three consecutive life terms in prison.
Down to the trademark “W”, W. Mitt Romney is literally the second coming of the George W. Bush: the economic strategy that led to the worst American economy since the Great Depression and the Bush legacy of secrecy in the face of questions from the American public.
The residents of a small Illinois town – where the victim of an accused serial killer once lived – are finding life a bit less fearful with the help of a new police program.
A family friend of singer Jennifer Hudson testified Thursday that accused Hudson family killer William Balfour repeatedly threatened to kill the Hudsons while attending a child’s birthday party a few months before the murders.
City of Chicago attorneys say they plan to challenge a jury’s decision in connection with a deadly accident four years ago.
A full jury has been selected in the trial of William Balfour, the man charged with killing three members of Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family.
On this day four years ago, a gunman opened fire on a geology class at Cole Hall at Northern Illinois University, leaving five people dead before turning the gun on himself.
On this day four years ago, five women were shot to death in a Tinley Park Lane Bryant store. The gunman has never been found.
Students at Northern Illinois University on Tuesday will get their first look at the newly renovated Cole Hall, nearly four years after a massacre left five students dead.
A northwest suburban man has pleaded guilty to trying to kill his wife with poison from a puffer fish.
A man convicted in the murder of a Near West Side pizzeria manager will learn his fate Tuesday.
Some Illinois municipalities will soon get their share of federal money to help them recover from the damage done by the storm system that produced Hurricane Ike.
A man is set to be sentenced Monday in the 2008 murder of a pizzeria owner whom the man thought was part of a rival gang.
The prosecution has rested in the case of a Chicago businessman accused of helping plan the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
Remodeling of the building where five students were shot to death at Northern Illinois University three years ago is at its midpoint, and officials say students can expect something special when it’s complete in the fall.
The third of four men charged with beating and chasing another man on a Red Line subway platform from where he fell and was electrocuted pleaded guilty to murder Tuesday.
This afternoon at 3 p.m., three years after the Valentine’s Day massacre at Northern Illinois University, some of the survivors will return to campus for a wreath-laying ceremony to honor the five people killed.
Police have arrested the father of 9-year-old Mya Lyons, nearly 2 1/2 years after she was found stabbed to death in an alley.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!