Graduation is a milestone for teens, but for Tacarra Swain it’s a new beginning on her journey to giving back. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A man has been charged with the murder of a Lincoln Square bar owner who was brutally beaten in an attack outside the bar two years ago.
A jury has awarded more than $330,000 to a family whose dog was killed by Chicago Police.
A Chicago paramedic and firefighter will take a ride with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Thursday, in recognition of an act of heroism.
A 49-year-old Chicago man is going off to prison for the next 27 years, for breaking into his girlfriend’s home on Valentine’s Day two years ago and attacking her.
One of the young men convicted in the beating death of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert was sentenced to 32 years in prison on Thursday.
A new twist has emerged in the case of Silvonus Shannon, one of the men convicted in the beating death of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert.
A man’s sentencing was postponed to next week for his part in the brutal beating of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert.
An Aurora man already in jail for DUI now faces a more serious charge after his passenger dies 16 months later.
man found guilty last month in the beating death of Fenger High School student Derrion Albert was not sentenced on Monday as planned, after his defense filed a motion for a new trial.
Today will be bittersweet for a woman whose daughter was murdered in her Albany Park neighborhood apartment in 2009.
More than 14.4 million people visited Chicago’s museums and zoos in 2010, a 3 percent dip from 2009.
A 17-year-old boy is going to prison for 26 years, after admitting to participating in the brutal beating that killed honor student Derrion Albert back in 2009.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!