A 28-year-old South Side man will spend the next 20 years behind bars – for shooting an 18-month old girl.
Two years ago Monday, federal agents in Chicago, Michigan and Minnesota raided the homes of 23 antiwar activists. Now, those who were targeted in the Sept. 24, 2010, raids say they simply want to know where the investigations are but are getting few answers.
Property owners who still haven’t paid their 2010 taxes are receiving one last chance to make good on their bills.
A Chicago Police officer who shot and wounded a cop killer nearly two years ago now finds himself fighting for his life.
The work is done at last. Congress Parkway fully reopened Tuesday morning.
A Chicago family has settled a multimillion-dollar civil lawsuit on behalf of a dance instructor who was killed by an oncoming train a railroad crossing nearly two years ago.
A group of Chicagoans trying to help recovery efforts in Haiti, two years after the devastating earthquake, gathered at Children’s Memorial Hospital Thursday to discuss the on-going effort.
Police say overall crime in Chicago was down for the 29th consecutive month in May.
A man’s family has sued the CTA, nearly a year after he was hit and killed by a car while running between buses.
Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest-growing crimes in the United States, and in north suburban Morton Grove incidents of identity theft have more than doubled from 2009 to 2010.
Ridership last year on the CTA was down more than 4 million rides compared with the year before, according to a new report.
A Chicago Police officer’s memory will be kept alive, after he was killed in the line of duty last spring.
A report is out today about the changing faces in many Chicago area neighborhoods.
Here are Cantankerous Critic Michael Walters’ picks for the very worst 10 movies of 2010.
A disturbing report out today says after a three-year period of consecutive lows, the number of collisions between cars and trains is up again.
The new year doesn’t offer much hope of an end to the foreclosure crisis.
The year 2010 was a deadly year for police officers in the United States and here in Chicago.
CHICAGO (WBBM) – There were fewer murders in Chicago last year than the year before, and the year before that.
Here are Cantankerous Critic Michael Walters’ picks for the top 10 movies of 2010.
Take a look at some of the best and worst moments in Entertainment as we say goodbye to 2010.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!