One of the really dangerous things to do is declare a baseball season over on Memorial Day.
The NFL’s 2011 schedule is out, but the league and the players union are still in the midst of labor negotiations that could threaten some, or all, of the upcoming season.
Don’t despair, Cubs fans. The North Siders will win tonight. It’s Tuesday’s game that you have to worry about.
The NFL hasn’t set a deadline for when games would be canceled without a collective bargaining agreement.
Through the fist 18 games of the season, the Chicago Cubs are 9-9, and haven’t won or lost more than two games in a row.
According to the Tennessee Titans owner, the 2011 NFL season will happen, it just might take a few months to work out a new labor agreement.
The Chicago White Sox are expected to be compete for the AL Central title and make a run into the playoffs, their North Side counter parts, on the other hand, have more modest expectations.
Every Sunday afternoon in the fall, people around the country gravitate towards their favorite drinking establishments, invite their friends over for a little BBQ and refreshments.
The same day the Chicago Bears announced that they signed head coach Lovie Smith to a contract extension, the team also announced that they were raising tickets prices for the 2011 season.
The NFL and the players’ union concluded a week of federally mediated face-to-face meetings to try and reach an deal before the collective bargaining agreement expires next week.
In the wake of an onslaught of new research and conversation, the NFL says it will use a new system to test and recognize concussions next season.
Progress continues to be made as the NFL and NFL Players Association sat a mediation table for the fifth consecutive day.
After a disappointing 2010 season, and an offseason that provided provided few, if any, big name additions, there’s a sentiment that the 2011 season won’t be much better for the Chicago Cubs.
There’s a lot of optimism surrounding the Chicago White Sox heading into the start of spring training. Hopefully for the team, and its fans, the season’s the attention stays on what they’re is doing on the field.
On Friday, the NFL and the NFL Players’ Union will attempt to solves their differences and find middle ground regarding the labor negotiations that are threatening a lockout of the 2011 season.
Baseball Prospectus has shown a new way to look at players and teams and a new way to predict their performance for the upcoming season. For the Chicago White Sox it’s 82 wins and third place in the AL Central.
The fans want there to be football in 2011, and so do the current players. It’s the owners who are threatening to keep the season from happening. And now some of the game’s greats are voicing their opinions.
The regular season, playoffs and Super Bowl are over. Now the focus of the football world can turn squarely on the NFL labor talks.
The day before the Super Bowl, the NFL owners and NFL Players Union will have their representatives sit down for their first formal negotiations since November.
There will be many issues discussed during the negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement between the NFL owners and NFL Players Association. Not many of them easily understandable for fans.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!