2012 Bears Training Camp
What exactly is going on with Brian Urlacher?
With Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall teaming up in Chicago, the Bears offensive possibilities just got a whole lot more exciting.
Training camps aren’t just about accommodating a team. They’re also about accommodating a team’s fan base.
Here’s something you may have never thought you’d hear: The Bears wide receivers were a strong point in training camp.
J’Marcus Webb may look confused when he squats down on the Bears offensive line, but when he’s ordering at McDonalds, the left tackle knows exactly what he wants.
When news broke Tuesday that Brian Urlacher underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee, Bears fans across Chicago covered their eyes and hoped for the best.
Mystery solved. Brian Urlacher had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday morning on his left knee.
With a big crowd on hand at Ward Field and a light mist falling at Monday night’s practice, things were bound to get a little chippy.
Check out the podcast as The Score’s Mike Mulligan, Brian Hanley, Laurence Holmes and Zach Zaidman break down the Bears with the Tribune’s Brad Biggs, Matt Bowen and Fred Mitchell.
While Bears general manager Phil Emery won’t come out and say his goals are championship or bust for the 2012 season, he knows that’s exactly what the Bears are capable of.
Let’s just say former Bears Super Bowl champion Tom Thayer has some strong opinions on this year’s Bears team.
When the Bears kick off their first preseason game against the Broncos tonight, eyes will be focused on first-round draft pick Shea McClellin.
The Bears announced Wednesday they have waived TE Draylen Ross.
Brian Urlacher is still good at his job, as far as any of us know.
Jeremy Bates is new to the Bears, but he’s totally at home in training camp. The team’s new quarterbacks coach can measure his life in yard markers, tackling dummies and two-a-day practices.
The Bears have been quiet on why exactly Urlacher is missing practice, but one thing is certain – if the Bears have any hopes of contending in the NFC North, they’ll need No. 54.
Brian Urlacher was once again not on the field Tuesday, missing his sixth consecutive practice.
Mike Tice confirmed Monday what we’ve thought for nearly a week: J’Marcus Webb is the Bears starting left tackle.
The Bears have re-signed veteran wide receiver Rashied Davis to a one-year contract.
While any injury merits concern, one Bears expert said there’s reason to be positive about Urlacher’s injury.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!