2012 Trade Deadline
Ryan Dempster is gone, but there are still questions on how and why it took so long.
At 3 p.m. CT on Tuesday afternoon, Major League Baseball’s non-waiver Trade Deadline passed with 19 teams within five games of postseason contention. For the first time ever, a record 10 clubs will earn an invite to MLB’s postseason dance.
What’s been fascinating, at the most compelling local trade deadline in years, is the rising knowledge and interest of the faithful.
The Ryan Dempster trade circus is reportedly nearing its end.
After missing out on Zack Greinke, the Rangers are one of three teams reportedly interested in Cubs starter Matt Garza.
According to Comcast Sportsnets’ David Kaplan, the Yankees, Dodgers and Rangers are all in play for Ryan Dempster.
The Cubs on Monday dealt left-handed pitcher Paul Maholm and outfielder Reed Johnson to the Atlanta Braves. Early Tuesday, the club confirmed it had sent catcher Geovany Soto to the Rangers.
It was only about six weeks ago that Cubs president Theo Epstein said he and his staff had to “tune out the noise” from fans and media as they went about building the team into something akin to championship caliber. Better buy some ear plugs.
It’s no secret White Sox general manager Kenny Williams is one of the most aggressive GMs in the game.
With every passing game, every meaningless start, and with each day of inactivity, the Cubs’ future has been damaged.
The Cubs were dealt a potentially damaging blow when Matt Garza left Saturday’s game after just three innings with what the team is calling “tricept cramping.”
Ending any speculation, Brewers general manager Doug Melvin confirmed the team will, in fact, trade veteran right-hander Zack Greinke before the July 31 trade deadline.
Brewers general manager Doug Melvin confirmed Thursday the team is taking calls to move veteran starter Zack Greinke.
Good news for Cubs fans: Matt Garza said his tricep is feeling better and a trip to the disabled list is unlikely.
With rumors beginning to swirl, The Mully and Hanley Show spoke with MLB Network’s Peter Gammons to get the inside scoop.
- 5 Dead, 15 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 15 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings around the city since Friday night.130
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!