2012 White Sox Spring Training
Philip Humber allowed an unearned run and one hit in seven innings, and the Chicago White Sox beat the San Francisco Giants 5-2 Sunday.
Felix Hernandez allowed seven earned runs over five innings in his final spring training start and the Seattle Mariners were roughed up by the Chicago White Sox 13-8 Wednesday.v
Chris Sale put plenty in the rearview mirror with his start against the Reds this afternoon. The White Sox may have lost 1-0, but Sale’s six innings of two-hit, six-strikeout ball is certainly a silver lining that outshines the final score.
After throwing five innings of no-hit ball and giving up just one walk Jake Peavy’s ERA dropped from 18.69 to a healthy 8.68. It’s a start.
Jake Peavy threw five hitless innings in his best outing of the spring and the Chicago White Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 5-0 on Saturday.
Spring has not been kind to Chris Sale. Perhaps that’s not fair. Maybe the weather, workouts, meals, golf and time with his teammates have all been kind; but the starts have not.
Albert Pujols hit his first two homers for the Angels and Ervin Santana exited after being hit by a line drive in Los Angeles’ 9-7 loss the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.
Gavin Floyd has thrown with plenty on his shoulders before. Trade rumors — substantiated or no — don’t seem to alter the burden.
The Blue Jays are looking for another starter before the season and have been a frequent trade partner with the White Sox in the last year.
Travis Wood boosted his chances of earning a spot in the Chicago Cubs’ rotation, allowing one run while pitching into the third inning of a 5-1 win over the White Sox on Friday.
The first real injury of the season hit the White Sox camp this week.
Jake Peavy is more concerned with his health than results this spring training. A right shoulder injury cut short his 2010 season and delayed his start last year, but Peavy came into spring training feeling healthy. Finally.
The White Sox have agreed to one-year contracts with 24 players, including second baseman Gordon Beckham, catcher Tyler Flowers and starting pitcher Chris Sale.
Chemistry and camaraderie are extremely important to winning in baseball, if you believe most players.
Unlike other pitchers who ease into throwing harder and harder as Spring Training develops, Chris Sale looks to be in mid-season form.
John and Jordan Danks are brothers separated by three years but they look like twins. Jordan is the baby of the two even though he is a few inches taller and about 30 pounds heavier. But the faces are carbon copies and both have that same Texas drawl.
If Dunn’s bat continues to have all the effectiveness of a wet newspaper, he cannot get more than six weeks in the lineup. And that’s probably too much time.
Entering the 2011 season, the White Sox were the consensus favorite to win the American League Central. One year later, however, it’s a completely different story.
Paul Konerko confirmed Tuesday that internal strife doomed the White Sox last season.
All baseball executives are trying – or hoping – to win for now, but they also have to look at the future. The Cubs and White Sox are no different.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!