2013 NFL Free Agency
Days after his official departure from the Bears, the team he spent his first 13 NFL seasons with, linebacker Brian Urlacher said he has options.
The Bears have officially parted ways with 34-year-old linebacker Brian Urlacher.
The Bears and middle linebacker Brian Urlacher were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract and both sides will head in new directions, the team announced Wednesday.
After nearly a week of silence around the league regarding the future Hall-of-Famer, the Cowboys finally spoke up about Urlacher, but the words weren’t really encouraging.
Bears president Ted Phillips addressed the possibility of the 34-year-old Urlacher returning to the Bears.
A person familiar with the situation says the Denver Broncos were forced to cut defensive lineman Elvis Dumervil after a delay in getting paperwork completed on a new contract that both parties had agreed to.
After locking up tight end Martellus Bennett with a four-year contract, the Bears promptly cut both Kellen Davis and Matt Spaeth.
The Bears and cornerback Zack Bowman have agreed to terms on a one-year contract.
Linebacker Nick Roach reportedly is leaving the Chicago Bears for the Oakland Raiders.
The Bears on Thursday re-signed the first of their own players, bringing back defensive tackle Nate Collins on a one-year deal.
Free agency got off to a roaring start and the movement made by the Bears coupled with their performance on Draft Day will determine whether head coach Marc Trestman has a winning hand to play once training camp begins in the summer.
The Arizona Cardinals addressed one of their significant needs on Wednesday by reaching agreement on a one-year contract with free agent running back Rashard Mendenhall.
Former Detroit Lions Defensive End Cliff Avril has signed a two-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to a report by ESPN.
For the first time in his storied career, middle linebacker Brian Urlacher is an unrestricted free agent, but there is a silver lining for Bears fans pining to see No. 54 don the jersey he’s made famous.
Bears fans got their first look at the new pieces added by general manager Phil Emery on Wednesday afternoon.
According to a report from the Tribune, the Bears are set to release defensive tackle Matt Toeaina.
Mere minutes into the 2013 league year, Phil Emery wasted no time addressing a profound need on the Bears roster, signing tight end Martellus Bennett to a four-year deal worth a reported $20 million.
The quarterback from Santa Claus, Indiana just got another Christmas morning.
Armed with a new tight end in Martellus Bennett, the Bears have cut Kellen Davis.
The Chicago Bears have signed two-time Pro Bowl tackle Jermon Bushrod to a five-year contract.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!