2013 Spring Training
It took a while but Robin Ventura named Chris Sale his opening day starter after an 11-5 win over the Athletics, Saturday.
John Danks doesn’t have the velocity he wants. He’s still not able to reach back and ask for the heat he’s used to. Worse, he’s not sure when his strength will return.
With just 18 days left in spring training, White Sox reliever Jesse Crain promises he’s close to returning to action.
After spending five days at spring training in Arizona, Adam Hoge presents his final verdict for the White Sox in 2013.
A year ago, Brent Morel was sitting in the Camelback Ranch clubhouse knowing he would be the White Sox’s Opening Day third baseman. Monday, he was sitting in the clubhouse just hoping he’ll make the team.
Sale and his team had prepped what he wanted—what he though he was worth—and fought for it. What’s more, he went to his GM to clear the air.
On the same day he made 10 cuts to the major-league roster, White Sox general manager Rick Hahn took some time with 670TheScore.com to evaluate the spring thus far.
While manager Robin Ventura refuses to officially name him the Opening Day starter, Chris Sale continues to prove he’s the White Sox’s ace.
When the San Francisco Giants sent Conor Gillaspie to the White Sox at the start of spring training, it was a move made for the benefit of all three parties involved.
When Jared Mitchell was a junior in high school, he realized he had a future making money while playing a sport he loved. He just didn’t know which sport.
In John Danks’ first game since May on Monday, the left-hander tossed two-plus innings, throwing 35 pitches, giving up one run and two hits.
Prior to the White Sox’s match up against Team USA on Tuesday, the club announced its first cuts of spring training.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!