2013 White Sox Spring Training
Third baseman Brent Morel was among the latest roster cuts for the White Sox Tuesday. Morel saw regular at-bats toward the end of 2011 and at the start of 2012 but back issues forced him to miss 127 games last season.
It took a while but Robin Ventura named Chris Sale his opening day starter after an 11-5 win over the Athletics, Saturday.
John Danks doesn’t have the velocity he wants. He’s still not able to reach back and ask for the heat he’s used to. Worse, he’s not sure when his strength will return.
With just 18 days left in spring training, White Sox reliever Jesse Crain promises he’s close to returning to action.
After spending five days at spring training in Arizona, Adam Hoge presents his final verdict for the White Sox in 2013.
A year ago, Brent Morel was sitting in the Camelback Ranch clubhouse knowing he would be the White Sox’s Opening Day third baseman. Monday, he was sitting in the clubhouse just hoping he’ll make the team.
Alejandro De Aza hit a leadoff single in the Chicago first and later scored on the first of two doubles by Alex Rios.
A few days ago the veteran left-hander experienced a twinge of discomfort in his throwing elbow during a bullpen session and immediately was checked out by medical personnel.
Talk about a swing man on your pitching staff. That’s exactly the role that Hector Santiago will fill on this year’s White Sox team.
Paul Konerko is the last of the Mohicans, meaning he’s the final member of the 2005 World Series championship team that is still playing for the White Sox.
The news that Robin Ventura had turned down a one-year contract extension really didn’t surprise insiders.
There’s an adage in baseball that you’re only as good as your bullpen. If that’s the case, then the White Sox have a chance to prove a lot of the so called experts wrong.
The baseball season is here, resplendent in its yearly arrival just after the Superbowl put the final exclamation point on its season despite the big game blowing a big fuse.
Since its inception, the publication Baseball Prospectus seems to pick the White Sox to finish at the bottom of the standings each season.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!