2nd Congressional District
Democrat Robin Kelly won the 2nd Congressional District race, picking up 71 percent of the vote to Republican Paul McKinley’s 22 percent.
Some say money bought her the race. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakely crunched the numbers on how much each vote cost the candidate.
Former Illinois legislator Robin Kelly captured the Democratic nomination Tuesday in the race to replace disgraced ex-U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., after a truncated campaign season where she got a boost from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s super PAC.
Voter turnout is expected to be relatively low as voters in the 2nd Congressional District head to the polls in snowy conditions, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
There’s one last day of campaigning before Tuesday’s primary for the 2nd Congressional District special election.
It’s the final weekend of campaigning in the crowded 2nd Congressional Primary Election.
The final push is on to get votes in the 2nd congressional district race and candidate endorsements continue to rack up.
The primary election for Jesse Jackson Jr.’s 2nd Congressional District seat is next Tuesday and some of the candidates meet Monday for a debate.
Early voting has begun for the February 26 special election to fill the seat of resigned Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr, but WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports it’s not the only seat up for grabs in the Chicago area.
Freshman state Sen. Napoleon Harris has dropped his bid for former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s seat and is putting his support behind former state Rep. Robin Kelly.
As expected, there is a very crowded field of candidates vying to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress. Seventeen Democrats and five Republicans met Monday evening’s deadline to file nominating petitions to run for the 2nd Congressional District seat in the upcoming special election.
More than half a dozen Democrats turned in candidacy petitions Thursday to the Illinois Board of Elections.
All eyes will be on the Democratic Party on Saturday, when committeemen will decide which candidate to support in the 2nd Congressional District to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
It’s the latest trouble surrounding the state lawmaker as he campaigns for the 2nd Congressional District. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
State Sen. Donne Trotter (D-Chicago) said Wednesday he still wants Democratic Party bosses to back him in his bid to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., despite his arrest for having a gun in his luggage at O’Hare International Airport.
Add three more names to the growing list of candidates running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in the 2nd Congressional District: Illinois State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (D-Olympia Fields), Chicago Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), and Robin Kelly — a top aide to Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
An ex-convict who preceded Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, now wants to win back his former congressional seat.
Brooks says two “highly respected” individuals recently reached out to him and asked him to think about running for the 2nd District.
CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov broke the news of Jackson’s resignation to a lot of his former constituents in the 2nd Congressional District. The reaction was decidedly mixed.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), who faced his strongest challenge in years, defeated fellow Democrat Debbie Halvorson, in the 2nd Congressional District primary.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago