It was only this past Sunday – a mere four days ago – that the temperature hit 97 degrees, but it all feels like a few months ago now as Chicago sits shivering in slippers and sweatshirts this Thursday.
Cloud cover will supplant the largely sunny skies in the Chicago area later Friday, and on Saturday, you’d be best advised to close all the windows and drape yourself in a blanket for the day.
The already chilly temperatures will be falling through the afternoon as a cold front passes through, to the point where the mercury won’t even crack the 50-degree mark on Saturday.
Rain is expected for the entire Chicago area Thursday afternoon, but temperatures are as warm as the 70s in some areas and as cold as the 40s in others.
The heat wave in March might as well have been last summer, as temperatures apropos of winter made a return overnight.
Those 80-degree days back in March seem like a distant memory now, as some people were spotted walking around in winter coats Tuesday and a freeze watch is in effect for the overnight hours.
This Cubs Opening Day won’t be setting any records for cold, but it will require a jacket – and your plants will require protection overnight as a freeze threatens the area.
The summerlike spell of 80-plus degree days last week might have led you to forget, but it is, in fact, still March.
This is the first day of meteorological spring, but the spring-like temperatures that predominated in the Chicago area 24 hours ago are history.
Cloud cover has replaced the intense sunshine of the morning hours, but temperatures will still be above average for the rest of the day Friday.
After a long stretch of cold, dreary and sometimes snowy days, it’s time to get outside and enjoy sunny and balmy conditions.
The temperatures are back up to the pleasant 40s this Wednesday afternoon, but you’ll be needing your umbrella.
The temperature will be cooling down in Chicago Friday evening, and there could be a little rain or even a flurry or two overnight.
Later this week, Chicago will mark the one-year anniversary the third heaviest blizzard in recorded history. But looking outside, you’d have no idea.
Snow and bitter cold will be coming later in the week, but on Monday, look for another day with unseasonable temperatures in the 40s.
Conditions are expected to remain calm with mostly sunny skies and a high of 38. And on Thursday, the high climbs to a pleasant 46.
Conditions more befitting of late October than late December will continue for the rest of the day Thursday, with sunshine and temperatures rising to the mid-40s. But roads could be treacherous again Friday morning.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!