A 26-year-old man has been charged in the fatal drive-by shooting of a Columbia College student in the Bronzeville neighborhood earlier this week, while the victim was on his way to pick up a friend.
A man was gunned-down during a drive-by shooting in the Grand Boulevard neighborhood Tuesday night, just steps from the overhead 47th Street Green Line train platform.
Ground was broken Tuesday on a new commercial and residential development in Bronzeville, a project the likes of which haven’t been seen in that neighborhood in 50 years.
A 32-year-old man has been charged with felony drunk driving, after his SUV slammed into a minivan late Sunday night, critically injuring the woman driving the van.
An 18-year-old woman has been issued a handful of traffic citations after she and two Chicago Police officers were injured in an accident in the South Side Grand Boulevard neighborhood early Saturday when she ran a red light.
An autopsy has ruled that a man died of accidental electrocution when he was shocked by copper wires he was trying to take down in the Brighton Park neighborhood.
A 15-year-old boy was killed in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side on Tuesday afternoon.
Three people have been killed on Chicago roads since Monday afternoon.
Homes were evacuated in Lyons Thursday morning, as a gas leak erupted and led a fire to break out.
Wal-Mart is making another foray into Chicago’s South Side – this time in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Firefighters were on the scene of a large pallet fire on the South Side.
The body of a Chicago man, missing since Friday, has been found in a wooded area in Lyons.
A man is dead after the driver of the car he was in lost control and crashed through a guard rail on the Dan Ryan Expressway late Saturday.
Two men are dead and seven others were wounded in shootings throughout the city Saturday night and early Sunday, police said.
Four people — two of them children — were badly injured in a traffic crash on the South Side Sunday morning.
The winter storm turned deadly overnight, as a six-vehicle accident killed two people on the Dan Ryan Expressway.
Police have issued a community alert for people who ride the CTA Green Line on the South Side.
The bankruptcy of Michael’s Fresh Market has drawn concerns about the store that stepped in to fill a vacancy in the South Kenwood neighborhood, after the Hyde Park Co-Op had left the site vacant for years.
A freight train derailment has shut down a busy intersection on the Southwest Side.
One of two men accused in last week’s robbery of a South Side Aldi store that left a security guard dead and a customer injured was charged Wednesday night with first-degree murder.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!