The University of Chicago, encouraged by early success of its Harper Court redevelopment, is pushing forward with plans to build a retail and apartment building less than a half-mile away from it.
A Metra Electric District train Tuesday struck and killed a trespasser near its 53rd Street station in Hyde Park.
University of Chicago students who have outgrown the frat party scene have been complaining about the dearth of nightlife in Hyde Park for decades. But they will soon have one more option besides taking a seat at the long bar at Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap.
The car belonging to a man wanted for shooting a co-worker at a warehouse in downstate Manteno has been found in Chicago’s Gage Park neighborhood.
Two suspects were in custody after police chased them down early Sunday following a shooting where one man was killed and two others seriously wounded in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
A bizarre weekend where the high exceeded 80 degrees also brought a rash of violence across Chicago, which left at least 10 people dead and some 40 others wounded.
A teenage boy is dead, and three other boys and men were wounded, after a gunman opened fire in an apartment building in the Washington Park neighborhood.
Not everyone is thrilled about the sweeping redevelopment project that will bring a new hotel and university office building to Hyde Park.
A suspicious package halted the busy Metra Electric Line in the Hyde Park neighborhood late Friday morning.
Police are warning neighbors of a rash of robberies in the Hyde Park neighborhood and around the University of Chicago campus.
Every mailbox in Western Springs was checked by police in Western Springs and U.S. Postal Inspectors overnight, after a pipe bomb was found in one earlier.
Five people were hospitalized this morning after a traffic accident on the city’s Southwest Side.
A new 130-room Hyatt Place hotel will be coming to the Hyde Park neighborhood.
A new five-screen movie theater will be coming to the Hyde Park neighborhood, finally replacing a once-grand theater that has been shuttered for nearly a decade.
Progress is coming along on the new development on the site of the Harper Court shopping center in Hyde Park, according to a published report.
A Whole Foods and an outpost of the Second City comedy club are among the options being considered for a soaring new complex just off busy 53rd Street.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!