Is long-term unemployment a hinderance to finding a job?
Cook County States Attorney Anita Alvarez has sent a letter to CBS News, complaining about the way she was portrayed in a “60 Minutes” segment last Sunday.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Wednesday he wants to set the record straight, following a “60 Minutes” report about suspects who were pressured to confess to crimes they didn’t commit.
The U.S. Justice Department has been conducting an investigation into the interrogation practices at the Chicago Police Department, and “60 Minutes” is about to break the story wide open.
In seeking to define President Obama as a foreign policy failure, sympathetic to Muslim protesters, Mitt Romney ignored the fact that Americans were killed and under threat overseas.
Veteran CBS News and “60 Minutes” correspondent Mike Wallace, who started his career in Chicago, has passed away at the age of 93.
Just a few short years ago, Chicago-based Groupon burst onto the Internet. Now, CEO Andrew Mason is talking to CBS’s 60 Minutes about his company’s success.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson pays tribute to “60 Minutes” stalwart Andy Rooney, who steps down this weekend as commentator.
Following a brief conversation between Tyler Hamilton and Lance Armstrong, that occurred over the weekend at a Colorado restaurant, Hamilton’s attorney felt compelled to bring federal authorities up to date.
Attorneys for Lance Armstrong have demanded an on-air apology from “60 Minutes” after the head of Switzerland’s anti-doping laboratory denied allegations the seven-time Tour de France winner tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs at the 2001 Tour de Suisse.
Chicagoans are reacting to the decision by President Barack Obama not to make public the gruesome death photos of Osama bin Laden.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!