Rain will fall intermittently throughout this chilly, dreary day.
The sun is shining brightly and temperatures will be comfortable Thursday afternoon, but you can be sure that the sweltering summer is a memory now.
You might have found yourself shivering if you didn’t put on a jacket this morning, and if you brought the wrong kind of hat, the wind might have sent it flying off your head.
The gloomy skies and bone-chilling rain have moved on their way, and a beautiful Friday is set to give way to a beautiful weekend.
The week has been sunny, clear and temperate so far, but all good things must come to an end.
Looking back on the beautiful, sunny skies on Saturday as Chicagoans enjoyed the Bud Billiken Parade and the North Halsted Street Market Days, this may seem like the worst kind of Monday. But look for sunshine again on Tuesday.
The blazing sun and sweltering heat that defined much of the summer will be distant from Chicagoans’ minds Thursday afternoon, as rain falls and temperatures drop into the 60s – even before sundown.
If you’re seeing brown grass and dusty soil, it’s not your imagination – it’s bone dry out there.
The temperature has cooled down from the sweltering 90s that have been hanging around since the weekend, but conditions remain bone dry after the rain missed most of the area on Monday.
Temperatures will remain cool at the lake for a third day, but it won’t be long before a heat wave sets in.
Temperatures will be sunny, but cool, for the rest of the day Tuesday – and once again, temperatures will not exceed the 60s along the lakefront.
Skies will be dry and temperatures pleasant for the duration of the day Monday, but you might need a spring jacket if you’re walking along the lakefront.
The tension between police and protesters in 90-plus degree heat is behind us now, as temperatures Monday struggle even to reach the 60s.
Sunny and beautiful conditions will prevail for the rest of the day Thursday, although a chill will be in the air along the lake all day.
Skies were sunny and conditions were gorgeous in the midday hours Tuesday, but clouds will roll in later in the day.
The summerlike March heat wave has come to an end after more than a week with temperatures exceeding 80 degrees, but even the lower temperatures are far in excess of what is typical for March.
Temperatures will be quite a bit cooler along the lakefront than in inland areas Friday afternoon, but CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says it’s only the difference between a nice day and a nicer day.
The temperature Wednesday will climb to surpass the balmy conditions seen across the area a day earlier.
One year ago, Chicago was bracing for a blizzard that eventually shut down Lake Shore Drive and forced hundreds of drivers to abandon their cars on the lakefront. Today, there wasn’t a flake of snow in sight as the Chicago area reveled in temperatures nearing 60 degrees.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!