Two people were killed and at least 17 others were hurt in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon, including two people shot when gunfire erupted near a passing ambulance — forcing paramedics to take cover and call for help.
How or where the 26-year-old was shot remains uncertain because much of the man’s story does not check out, police said.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
A man was shot in the chest early Sunday as he drove in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
One man was killed and another was injured in a shooting at 71st Street and Western Avenue Monday night.
One woman was killed and three others were injured early Friday in a crash that closed busy South Halsted Street in the Hamilton Park neighborhood.
The Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications has released the 911 tapes from a horrifying attack this month, in which four teenagers disabled a CTA bus and beat and robbed a passenger.
Four teens — two of them 17 years old and two who are 13 — were arrested Saturday night shortly after they allegedly disabled a CTA bus and beat someone on board.
Hundreds of people came to a Roman Catholic Church on Chicago’s South Side Wednesday to get free groceries for Thanksgiving meals.
A man was arrested overnight after he accidentally shot a 16-year-old boy while playing around with a handgun in the South Shore neighborhood.
The owner of a small grocery in the South Side’s Park Manor neighborhood was in critical condition Thursday morning, after a robbery attempt at the store.
Minor delays were expected on the CTA Red Line Thursday morning, after maintenance equipment derailed on the Dan Ryan branch.
Two Chicago Police officers are in the hospital Thursday morning, after a crash on busy Stony Island Avenue.
Police in the Englewood neighborhood continue their search for the drive-by gunman who killed an 18-year-old man, and wounded another teen and an 88-year-old bystander.
There was a frantic search early this morning for a car stolen at gunpoint on the city’s South Side, with a 1-year-old boy in the back seat.
During this Black History month, some South Shore residents and others say they have a piece of black history right along 71st Street.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!