The pranksters of pop are back and happily took the challenge of playing What’s That Song with Radio.com. We were impressed with their vast musical knowledge and must admit, they nearly made us shart, Al […]
The normal high for this date is 81 degrees, but the high Friday will be 10 degrees higher than that.
Heat and humidity will dominate this first day of Lollapalooza, although a lake breeze will make conditions more tolerable.
Most of the Chicago area has finally caught a break from the extreme heat, and even see a rip of thunder and a torrent of rain before the day is through.
Chicago was bracing for another 100-degree day, prompting emergency officials to ask residents to take precautions.
Given the drought we’ve been suffering, Friday afternoon’s messy storms caught a lot of people by surprise.
A picture perfect summer afternoon is in store Wednesday, with just the right weather for enjoying the first day of the Taste of Chicago.
A pleasant afternoon with a temperate lake breeze is on tap for Tuesday, but the 90s will be back before the week is out.
It’s yet another sweltering day Monday, and more storms could be coming just a day after a quick round of thunderstorms wreaked havoc on the area.
The weather is cool and springlike Monday, but don’t get used to it.
The sweltering heat continues for a second day Tuesday, as temperatures again climb into the 90s and humidity makes it feel as hot as 100 degrees.
Get the air conditioner in the window and make sure your ice tray isn’t empty, because it’s going to feel tropical outside for the better part of a week to come.
If you’re seeing brown grass and dusty soil, it’s not your imagination – it’s bone dry out there.
You may be planning to enjoy some sizzling Chicago blues this weekend in Grant Park, but you ought to take precautions to make sure you’re not sizzling and singing the blues yourself.
Temperatures will be pleasant and cool for the rest of the day Friday, before rising through the weekend and spiking at a sweltering 94 degrees on Sunday.
The tension between police and protesters in 90-plus degree heat is behind us now, as temperatures Monday struggle even to reach the 60s.
Get ready for a day that would even seem hot by the standards of mid-July.
The beaches will soon be closing, the summer festivals are winding down, and parents are preparing to send their kids back to school. But you wouldn’t know it by stepping outside.
Tomorrow is Sept. 1, the start of meteorological fall. But don’t be fooled. You’ll be needing your air conditioner.
If you’re sick and tired of the heat and storms, you won’t be too thrilled with the weather for the beginning of this work week.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.88
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago