5 people, including two children, were displaced due to an extra-alarm fire on the South Side Sunday afternoon.
Chicago Police officers shot and wounded two suspects in separate incidents on the South Side overnight – bringing the total to six police-involved shootings in Chicago in about the past 10 days.
Authorities say a 62-year-old woman whose body was found in her South Side home earlier this week was killed by her own son.
Police remained on the scene Wednesday morning after two people over the age of 60 were found brutally murdered in their homes about six blocks away from each other on East 90th Street.
A high-speed chase with Chicago Police ended Tuesday morning with four people hospitalized, including children.
A man who had been shot multiple times was found dead on the sidewalk in the Burnside neighborhood on the South Side early Sunday.
A new report says road salt is to blame for the failure of crossing gates and warning lights Monday morning at the site where two cars hit a stopped train.
Two cars headed in opposite direction both hit the same freight train overnight, and now there are serious questions about whether the rail crossing safety systems were even working.
Police are searching for the gunman who shot and wounded a man in the South Side’s Brainerd neighborhood overnight.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!