A daylong memorial for the 6,600 Americans killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was scheduled for 9:11 a.m. Friday at the plaza outside the Thompson Center.
For years, west suburban Naperville has hosted a 9/11 commemoration on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. This year was no different, although the crowd heard from a survivor of the Trade Center attack.
First responders in Palatine marked the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on Tuesday with a ceremony at the town’s firefighters’ memorial.
Depending on how you figure, the Willis Tower could be about to lose bragging rights as the nation’s tallest building once the skyscraper at New York’s Ground Zero is completed.
The village of Oswego commemorated the 9/11 anniversary on Sunday with a special contribution from two parents who feel the loss of the attacks every day.
Gov. Pat Quinn wants Illinoisans to remember the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by giving a helping hand to military families.
At fire stations around the city on Sunday, Chicago firefighters stopped for a moment of silence at 7:46 a.m. – marking the moment 10 years ago when the first plane hit the World Trade Center during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
A Chicago Police Sergeant who led a group of 19 officers from Chicago to New York City 10 years ago is looking back on the days they spent volunteering at Ground Zero.
A look back at the September 11th attacks includes a look up in Chicago to the Willis Tower. The Chicago icon was among those eventually named as a potential terror target.
Perhaps the two most famous words out of 9/11 were “Let’s Roll” – the rallying cry of Todd Beamer as he led fellow passengers on United Flight 93 to fight back against the hijackers.
Millie Flannery says the terrorists attacks on 9/11 gave her an idea. She and her neighbors decided to hold a good old-fashioned lemonade stand to help the community.
On Sept. 11, 2001, the man who is now Chicago’s police superintendent was deputy commissioner of operations for the New York Police Department — and he was at Ground Zero.
The 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now just days away. In Chicago, two men who are working to keep us from harm here and now are saying we’re safer than we were a decade ago.
There a few life-changing events in our lives. No question, 9/11 was one of them. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports on how even a simple stroll into work is different than it was a decade ago.
Amtrak has enhanced its security ahead of the 9/11 anniversary and officials say that, over the past decade, they’ve transformed their police force from a unit that largely responds to crime to one that anticipates it.
A retired Chicago cop walking to the 9/11 crash sites to raise money for charity has suffered a setback.
While most of the Northwestern Wildcats weren’t even teenagers when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened, they got a true object history lesson on Tuesday at practice.
It was quite a sight on the road on Tuesday: hundreds – and, soon, thousands – of motorcycles traveling together to Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
This year, to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, President Barack Obama is encouraging Americans to volunteer or do something good for their community in a national day of service. For several years now on that date, thousands of Chicagoans have been doing just that.
A former New York police commanding officer and his photojournalist wife are preparing to commemorate the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks with their Field Museum exhibit.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 4 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 4 hours ago