A 56-year-old man died Tuesday afternoon when the car he was driving struck another vehicle head-on in the Far South Side Calumet Heights neighborhood.
A Chicago Fire Department official responding to a call Wednesday night ended up needing help himself.
Two pedestrians died overnight, after they were hit by a car at the busy junction of 95th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue on the city’s South Side.
It’s been a year since Eva’s Bridal of Oak Lawn burned to the ground, and on Monday the owner said “thank you” to those who helped it rise from the ashes.
Twenty-six people were injured Friday afternoon when a CTA bus struck a pole on the South Side.
If you’re wondering why the $1 billion plan to remake part of the CTA does not include Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s desire to extend the Red Line five miles south, officials say $1 billion is hardly enough for that project.
A Burger King on the city’s South Side has been closed by the city, after inspectors found so many insects buzzing around that they were “afraid to open their mouths.”
Four people were injured in one of two crashes on the Dan Ryan Expressway and all outbound lanes have been shut down between 87th and 95th streets as crews respond.
A bicyclist from Oak Lawn is dead after crashing into a retail store window.
Eva’s Bridal Shop in Oak Lawn was destroyed in a devastating fire, but five months later, a new family business location is established for the long haul.
Six people were hurt, two of them critically, in a four-vehicle crash on the Far South Side late Friday.
An ambulance was involved in a crash in Evergreen Park on Tuesday morning, closing a stretch of 95th Street. No information about injuries was immediately available.
In Oak Lawn Wednesday tonight, the public will get to see, for the first time, drawings of a monument that will be built in honor of first responders everywhere.
Nervous brides and bridesmaids are desperate for answers as they scramble for Plan B, after one of the oldest bridal shops in the country went up in flames in Oak Lawn.
Power was shut off for about an hour on the CTA’s Red Line on the South Side Monday afternoon and shuttle buses were called into service after a person was hit by a train.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!