Check out these suggestions to find an affordable fitness option in Chicago that intrigues you.
A good Chicago-based travel agent may be an indispensable resource for getting the most out of your trip, your time and your money.
Now that the weather is warming up, perhaps you’d like to try a sky-high adventure. There are several places near Chicago to get your flight on.
If you’re just getting into the biking scene or are just looking for a new place to take your bike for repairs, you’ll need to know the best and most friendly places available in Chicago to fit your needs.
Start planning your Chicago adventure today with one of these great hostel offerings.
Spring is one of the most eagerly anticipated seasons in Chicago. What better activity to celebrate winter’s end than with an outdoor excursion to observe the blooming of spring flowers?
Most of us wish there was a seasonal fast-forward button for the winter temperatures, but like it or not, there are a few things that are fun to experience during the colder days, especially when you know spring is just around the corner. Take advantage of the last days of winter with a few fun winter activities.
The rising number of childhood obesity has many parents concerned about keeping their kids fit and healthy. Ida Dolce, a kids martial arts instructor with a BA in Psychology, offers up five tips to keep your kids from becoming couch potatoes this year.
Nothing says romance like a night away, and with Chicago hosting some of the best hotels around, you don’t even have to leave town to get away from it all.
After the hubbub of the holidays dies down, January is generally a nose-to-the-grindstone kind of month. By the time February rolls around, you’re ready for another break. What better time to get away briefly than for Valentine’s Day?
One of the fastest and easiest ways to get in shape or just drop a few pounds is running. It’s also accessible to just about everyone. Some people take naturally to running and others have to push themselves every step of the way. One way to make running more fun and effective is to join a running club.
Getting in shape or dropping those few extra pounds are among the most popular of New Year’s resolutions. Once the resolution makes it on your list, however, how do you see it through? Local trainer Jeff Shapiro of Lakeshore Sport and Fitness lays out five tips for getting fit in Chicago.
Like history, fitness crazes tend to repeat themselves, and the latest old-new workout is the kettlebell. Kettlebells have been around for ages but are having a resurgence in popularity as people discover the benefits of this weight-training workout.
Chicago winters are legendary both for the wind and for the chill. Although there is never a better time to utilize an enclosed vehicle for transportation from one place to another, drivers are often forgetful about the changes in habits that these elements bring.
Ice climbing may sound like something you need to embark on an arctic exhibition to experience, however Chicago has its own similarities to the arctic, at least temperature-wise, and it offers some places nearby to practice your ice climbing as well.
Although a sunny vacation in the dead of a Chicago winter seems like the incarnation of bliss, sometimes it’s nice to get away but still be near home during the holidays. You may not escape the temperatures, but you can enjoy an escape from the city with these nearby destinations.
Once you’ve pushed yourself to brave the lower temperatures, you’ll find that Chicago does have some fun winter activities to offer.
Holiday travel is difficult no matter where you’re from. Everyone is trying to get home to see their loved ones as fast as possible and generally traveling with more luggage than usual as they’re all bearing gifts. Chicagoans have a further cross to bear being a hub city and a centralized urban area. Here are a few tips to make your holiday trip less hectic.
Ice skating is not only a great way to exercise, it’s a fun activity. Whether it’s your first time on the ice or you’re a seasoned skater, an ice rink is a great place for an outing with friends, a first date or a family event.
There are a plethora of CrossFit boxes across Chicago and here are some of the most raved about.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!