Chris Sale struck out 11 in 6 2-3 innings, A.J. Pierzynski had a two-run home run in a five-run sixth inning and Chicago White Sox beat the Oakland Athletics 7-3 on Sunday.
Jonny Gomes homered to tie the game, and Brandon Inge hit a go-ahead single as the Oakland Athletics scored twice in the eighth inning and beat the Chicago White Sox 9-7 on Saturday night.
Jeremy Guthrie picked up his first victory since late May, scattering five hits over eight innings in the Kansas City Royals’ 2-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
A.J. Pierzynski tied a White Sox record by homering in his fifth consecutive game, a go-ahead, two-run drive in the seventh inning off Jason Isringhausen that led Chicago over the Los Angeles Angels 4-2 Sunday.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run home run in the ninth inning and the Chicago White Sox held on to beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Tuesday night.
A.J. Pierzynski and Alejandro De Aza are back in the White Sox lineup Monday as the White Sox take on the Twins in Minnesota.
Kevin Youkilis left Wednesday’s 8-2 win over the Twins early because of an ankle sprain, but it doesn’t appear the valuable third baseman will miss any significant time.
White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski is hoping to return Friday in Texas after suffering a strained oblique Monday.
Clearly — based on what we have seen from both parties since last fall — the White Sox went in the right direction.
Chris Sale won his eighth straight decision, Adam Dunn homered in his third straight game and the Chicago White Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 2-1 Sunday.
Let’s hope the Mayans are just as inept in the art of prognostication as baseball observers.
Kevin Youkilis, Adam Dunn and Alex Rios homered in the first inning off Roy Oswalt and All-Star Chris Sale won his 10th game Tuesday night and the Chicago White Sox routed the Texas Rangers 19-2.
Travis Wood pitched six strong innings for his first win as a starter in more than a year, and the Chicago Cubs beat the White Sox 2-1 on Tuesday night even though Jake Peavy went the distance.
It seems more appropriate, and fun, to combine both rosters into one embarrassing, pathetic, and disturbing group.
The Chicago White Sox just kept pecking away at Chad Billingsley until they scraped across enough runs to give Philip Humber an early cushion to work with. He gave it all back before his teammates pushed across one more run and closed it out with a solid effort by their bullpen.
The votes are in and, not surprisingly, A.J. Pierzynski was voted the most hated player in baseball in a Men’s Journal survey of 100 Major League Baseball players.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run homer, rookie left-hander Jose Quintana allowed one run over 5 1-3 innings and the streaking Chicago White Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 Tuesday night.
In fact, Pierzysnki could have been wearing a Cubs uniform in that game.
Brandon Morrow pitched a two-hitter for his third shutout of the season, and Jose Bautista and Rajai Davis homered Wednesday night as the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Chicago White Sox 4-0.
Colby Rasmus went 5 for 5 with a homer to help Ricky Romero earn his seventh win as the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Chicago White Sox 9-5 on Tuesday night.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!